Tailgate Lettering

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Looks like the 2020 Iconic silver will be slightly darker than the 2019 Ingot silver. My post above shows what black vinyl letters look like on the Ingot silver but I guess it's really up to you and what you like. I kind of like AR-19 (Ryan's) patriotic letters but not sure how they would look on my silver truck.
Here's the difference in the silvers based on looking at the Ranger brochure on line.
2020 on the left and 2019 on the right.
Ford silver colors.JPG
Yes, it looks like the Iconic is a shade or two darker than the Ingot Silver. Black should look good, but I'm also thinking of some type of raised letters. I guess I'll just have to make a best guess after it gets here and hope it's a good choice. Undoing and starting with another color isn't an impossible option. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
My truck, if it ever gets here will be Iconic Silver. Does anybody have a suggestion as to which type of letters and color(s) would look best? This is a new color for the 2020 Ranger.
If you are inclined towards vinyl lettering, check out this site: https://tvdvinyldecals.com/collections/ford-ranger
For Iconic Silver, I think black would be the way to go, but check out the colors they offer. I am considering a set for the dashboard lettering on my 2020 and was torn between color choices, so I emailed TVD requesting for samples, they are in the mail as we speak.
I intend to apply a set of Putco metal inserts on my tailgate finished in Black Platinum stainless steel today, will post pics later.
Here's a link to those inserts: https://www.putco.com/ford-lettering-emblems

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are inclined towards vinyl lettering, check out this site: https://tvdvinyldecals.com/collections/ford-ranger
For Iconic Silver, I think black would be the way to go, but check out the colors they offer. I am considering a set for the dashboard lettering on my 2020 and was torn between color choices, so I emailed TVD requesting for samples, they are in the mail as we speak.
I intend to apply a set of Putco metal inserts on my tailgate finished in Black Platinum stainless steel today, will post pics later.
Here's a link to those inserts: https://www.putco.com/ford-lettering-emblems
I may order some samples too, but like the idea of metal inserts. It would be nice if I could see the different choices up close and side by side.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Well, if you are inclined towards Putco, they only offer stainless steel and black platinum stainless steel versions.
I went with the black platinum because of the contrast with my trucks red color, bet they'd look great on silver as well.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, if you are inclined towards Putco, they only offer stainless steel and black platinum stainless steel versions.
I went with the black platinum because of the contrast with my trucks red color, bet they'd look great on silver as well.
Thanks!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Eddie,

You might investigate eyecatcher on Amazon...they offer some options that you might consider as well. I did the eyecatcher chrome to match my Chrome package on my Ranger.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Eddie,

You might investigate eyecatcher on Amazon...they offer some options that you might consider as well. I did the eyecatcher chrome to match my Chrome package on my Ranger.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Much appreciated.

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 1989 Ford Ranger STX
Found these ones on amazon, adhesive, raised, and reflective. I think they are awesome and go really good with the lightning blue. The only thing I am worried about is, i dont want them to come off if i go through a car wash.

20200130_062845.jpg
Just got a set of these for my Ranger. How was install? I think it looks great on blue hoping it looks just as good on black. I debated with the normal American flag colors or the blackout American flag. Ended up going with the classic read white and blue. I will post pics once I get them on.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
+1 for the Putco stainless black platinum inlays. They cost more than vinyl but are a factory accessory if that matters to you. The install on the stainless inlays is super easy.

I do really like the red/white/blue on the lightning blue. I don't think it would look as good on some of the other colors.

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 for the Putco stainless black platinum inlays. They cost more than vinyl but are a factory accessory if that matters to you. The install on the stainless inlays is super easy.

I do really like the red/white/blue on the lightning blue. I don't think it would look as good on some of the other colors.
I got mine yesterday. Expect to put them on the weekend. Just from a quick mock up looks like it will be pretty sharp. I will post a picture

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Got my letters on. Also had a chance to put on my lights for the grill. Not to mention the addition of some nitto ridge grapplers so pretty good weekend. Doing a full pain correction and ceramic coat the first weekend of March. So we’ll see if anything else gets done before then.

B591CE4F-461A-4360-A2B2-ED3D8D838875.jpeg

7E8CA76F-11EC-4F18-821C-73F0C020AFA3.jpeg

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I had a local vinyl guy trace and cut/install letters for me. I wanted something really different for the front and I don't have the patience to do the install. The fronts are a little bit off, so I'll probably order a kit for him to trace from and try them again, handtracing isn't always the best with how these inlays are configured. I'm still super happy with it.

Rear:
2020-02-15 12.57.11.jpg

Front (it's a color shifting - 3M GP278, the video shows it better, but still nothing like in person):
2020-02-15 13.21.51.jpg

(Hopefully it renders 1080 soon.)
Sponsored