Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@P. A. Schilke Weird! I agree with what your saying about what a linear vs progressive should look like, mine just look different. You have an fx4, Maybe different springs on lariat?
Hi BB,

Yes, it is quite possible that the springs between non FX4 and FX4 are different. In a way I wish I was still in Ranger Vehicle Engineering to understand the configurations, but I also am so enjoying retirement and the avenues it has brought my wife and me that I am happy to be retired. That said...readers must take me with a grain of salt, (maybe a salt shaker?) as I have to extrapolate my experiences to the 5G Ranger. Thus for this new vehicle, it is healthy to challenge things as it leads to learning over time. If we had a contact inside the company we could understand the front and rear spring lineup...alas, it is not a document available to the public and that is where I am for the most part. I do have contacts inside the company, but in limited areas that do not include much of the Ranger as the Aussies did the majority of the development outside mainstream engineering.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 773

Hi BB,

Yes, it is quite possible that the springs between non FX4 and FX4 are different. In a way I wish I was still in Ranger Vehicle Engineering to understand the configurations, but I also am so enjoying retirement and the avenues it has brought my wife and me that I am happy to be retired. That said...readers must take me with a grain of salt, (maybe a salt shaker?) as I have to extrapolate my experiences to the 5G Ranger. Thus for this new vehicle, it is healthy to challenge things as it leads to learning over time. If we had a contact inside the company we could understand the front and rear spring lineup...alas, it is not a document available to the public and that is where I am for the most part. I do have contacts inside the company, but in limited areas that do not include much of the Ranger as the Aussies did the majority of the development outside mainstream engineering.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

Hell yeah Phil! We will figure it all out eventually

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I love the way my truck rides with these spacers it feels so much more alive. But not harsh at all. What do you guys think about the ride quality?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I love the way my truck rides with these spacers it feels so much more alive. But not harsh at all. What do you guys think about the ride quality?
That's good to hear!

SVC Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
SVC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Lariat 4X4
Glad to hear you guys are liking the collars! If we can help answer any questions please feel free to reach out.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Glad to hear you guys are liking the collars! If we can help answer any questions please feel free to reach out.
Are the factory coils linear, and how noticeable is the ride quality difference after your collar is installed?

OP
OP

Deleted member 773

I have driven around 200 miles since installing them, the only other suspension/chassis item I’ve added is the prototype rear sway bar from Hellwig. I have driven on a combination of freeway, dirt roads, and crappy farm roads, the front end is stiffer, but not harsh. In corners, the front end feels more responsive and does not dive when you brake. I think there is less liftoff/braking induced oversteer when you are pushing it. Overall, the truck feels well balanced front and rear now.

SVC Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
SVC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Lariat 4X4
Are the factory coils linear, and how noticeable is the ride quality difference after your collar is installed?
Starting with ride quality I would say its all relevant to the end user and their expectations. My opinion on the truck from the factory was that it was far to soft , so the addition of pre-load really helped with cornering and break dive as noted in other posts while also giving the truck a better stance / appearance. I will say as more of these units get on to the trucks in the upcoming weeks we will begin to get more feedback for the 5G community! As for the coil I have my engineer confirming this currently, from the looks of it, seems to be linear as typically a progressive spring has visual difference in spacing. Visual below of some of the progressive rates being used on the raptors.
d251f8_250dc7dd5d09488980a2537bc69d8515_002372a8-8dce-49f1-8d6d-abfe80cfcff4_1024x1024.jpg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Starting with ride quality I would say its all relevant to the end user and their expectations. My opinion on the truck from the factory was that it was far to soft , so the addition of pre-load really helped with cornering and break dive as noted in other posts while also giving the truck a better stance / appearance. I will say as more of these units get on to the trucks in the upcoming weeks we will begin to get more feedback for the 5G community! As for the coil I have my engineer confirming this currently, from the looks of it, seems to be linear as typically a progressive spring has visual difference in spacing. Visual below of some of the progressive rates being used on the raptors.
d251f8_250dc7dd5d09488980a2537bc69d8515_002372a8-8dce-49f1-8d6d-abfe80cfcff4_1024x1024.jpg
Thanks for the info! I'd like to hear some more feedback from others before I make my decision but I don't think it will be long before that happens like you mentioned.

On another note, do you know what it'd cost to ship to Canada and do they come via USPS?

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCrew Ranger XLT, FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow PKG, Chrome Appearance PKG, Technology PKG
Occupation
Cyber Junk
Is There a discount code for these? I am interested in picking these up soon.

Tony Giordano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
How much higher does it make the front? Is it 2 inch?

OP
OP

Deleted member 773

Got the truck aligned today. They were pleased with the SVC kit and the caster angle with it installed. I noticed a 2 mpg ish highway drop, we will see how the alignment changes that now.

094A149C-7C0F-4395-8ED5-037DA4BC6174.jpeg
Sponsored