First Name
Scoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
IT Support Technician
Seeking opinions on a basic difference here.
How is the difference in ride between the Rangerlifts 2.5" and the SVC collar (unknown exact lift = 2'-2.5")
As I understand it the difference is:
Rangerlifts: An extender/spacer at the top of the shock assembly. Retains factory shock action and measurements, etc, effectively lifting the truck by lowering the top shock mounting point.
SVC collar: retains factory shock mounts and instead loads the spring, or pre-loads it, effectively lifting the truck with the spring.

I'm in a 4x2 so no worries or confusion about CV joints.
Obviously an alignment will be in order either way.

So my question is simply.. stock spring or pre-loaded spring?
Posts seem to indicate the preloaded spring offers a desirable stiffening to the front end.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Like you, I read about the advantages of the preloaded spring concerning ride, but I read that the spring spacer also prevents the front shock from possibly over extending due to increased overall length (much thinner spacer on top of the strut).

I ordered the Zone Offroad leveling kit which is basically the BDS kit minus the rear shocks.

Only $50 and should tide me over until I decide on either the Eibach kit or one of the Icon kits.

I should have mine installed next week and I'll report back on my results.

OP
OP
Scoopo

Scoopo

First Name
Scoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
IT Support Technician
Like you, I read about the advantages of the preloaded spring concerning ride, but I read that the spring spacer also prevents the front shock from possibly over extending due to increased overall length (much thinner spacer on top of the strut).

I ordered the Zone Offroad leveling kit which is basically the BDS kit minus the rear shocks.

Only $50 and should tide me over until I decide on either the Eibach kit or one of the Icon kits.

I should have mine installed next week and I'll report back on my results.
Interesting.
So it seems this Zone Offroad kit combines both of these two approaches.
"Zone Offroad kit uses a 2-piece design with a smaller top mounted steel strut spacer in combination with a preload spacer."
http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-2in-leveling-kit-ford-ranger/f1204

I hadn't seen this one.
Says it's a 2" kit.
I feel 3" is more than I want and so have been looking to the 2.5" options.
Looking forward to your feedback on this kit! And hopefully some pics of the finished product to see how the 2" looks.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I got it from Stage 3.

They carry the BDS kit as well which is the same but with BDS rear shocks.

Like you, I was hesitant to do a 3" level or even a 2.5" level since the last thing I want to do is lift the rear more.

When I see how this 2" shakes out I can determine where I want to go.

I am fine with the stock FX4 ride so I don't know if I want to do a full suspension yet, and I am only going to a 265/70 tire so don't need the clearance for a 33" tire.

I'll get some before and after pics if weather allows. Been nothing but rain lately.
Sponsored