Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
How much did you pay to have installed with or without the alignment? Getting wildly differing estimates.
Sponsored

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Flat Rate Guide on Mitchell say 6.1hrs Labor for R&R of the struts and to dismantle and reassemble the strut assembly. As far as cost, I dont know..... figured I'd at least share that.

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
Flat Rate Guide on Mitchell say 6.1hrs Labor for R&R of the struts and to dismantle and reassemble the strut assembly. As far as cost, I dont know..... figured I'd at least share that.
Seems like all front spacer/collar kit installs should be about the same, don't they all involve removal of strut assembly and insertion of spacer/collar and reinstall?

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
https://svcoffroad.com/collections/ford-ranger-suspension/products/2019-ford-ranger-leveling-collar

^^^^ If this is the one you have, you have the compress and disassemble the strut to install it. So, just a little more labor and special tools involved..... Rather than just fastening a spacer to the top of the strut and throwing it back in. Depends on the shop you go to. Just thought I share that as a baseline. Thought you could compare it to what you have be quoted. Hope that helps a little.

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
https://svcoffroad.com/collections/ford-ranger-suspension/products/2019-ford-ranger-leveling-collar

^^^^ If this is the one you have, you have the compress and disassemble the strut to install it. So, just a little more labor and special tools involved..... Rather than just fastening a spacer to the top of the strut and throwing it back in. Depends on the shop you go to. Just thought I share that as a baseline. Thought you could compare it to what you have be quoted. Hope that helps a little.
$270 seems cheap and $734 seems high. I was thinking around $350 when I bought them though. Watched the Stage 3 Motorsports vid and it didn't look anywhere near 6 hours. Thanks for your response!!
Sponsored