First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
A good suspension/alignment shop should know where to put it.
Sponsored

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

When you modify your suspension...there are no Specs from Ford that apply...your kit seller should provide this to you. If not, all bets are off...you are in uncharted territory.. This is why I made a recommendation on caster and the fellow responded.."you are recommending exceeding the Ford spec???...Yep...Ford Specs do not apply to modified vehicles..."

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

The sad part was that no one would put it up and check the existing settings without a "2019 Ford Ranger Spec" safety net.

Finally went down to a small shop my buddy gets his (bmw) racecar suspension adjusted at....

They threw it up, I showed them the spec numbers from another thread. We checked out the existing.

Not a camber issue, a toe issue.

Before:
20191223_161217.jpg

After:

20191223_161224.jpg

Now, what we tested was how the camber and toe changed with a driver inside so that's why the printout has slightly different values on driver side.

With a driver in, the camber/toes balance.

We also tested the effect of additional weight in the back.

All in all, additional weight in the bed will slightly change the camber positive and the toe in a smidge.

Breaking does the oposite.

So it would appear, all things being equal, that raising the suspension dramatically affects toe-in and will wear the outer edges.

To put 0.45 and 0.55 toe in perspective, here's a handy chart for the old timers.

20191223_142129.jpg

0.45 = 7/16"
0.55 = 9/16"

ALOT of toe. :whew:

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
The sad part was that no one would put it up and check the existing settings without a "2019 Ford Ranger Spec" safety net.

Finally went down to a small shop my buddy gets his (bmw) racecar suspension adjusted at....

They threw it up, I showed them the spec numbers from another thread. We checked out the existing.

Not a camber issue, a toe issue.

Before:
20191223_161217.jpg

After:

20191223_161224.jpg

Now, what we tested was how the camber and toe changed with a driver inside so that's why the printout has slightly different values on driver side.

With a driver in, the camber/toes balance.

We also tested the effect of additional weight in the back.

All in all, additional weight in the bed will slightly change the camber positive and the toe in a smidge.

Breaking does the oposite.

So it would appear, all things being equal, that raising the suspension dramatically affects toe-in and will wear the outer edges.

To put 0.45 and 0.55 toe in perspective, here's a handy chart for the old timers.

20191223_142129.jpg

0.45 = 7/16"
0.55 = 9/16"

ALOT of toe. :whew:
So

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Can the toe be corrected with an alignment ? I'm considering getting these for my 2019 Ranger FX4 but if its going to create a problem that can not be fixed im not sure that I want to put these on my truck.
Sponsored

Last edited: