Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Not a hoser but I am a Hoosier ? im in my tree stand , not lonesome up here, suns out squirrels all around. Just waiting on a deer....?
Sponsored

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Thanks!

Too bad!

Competition must be greater there.
Actually we do have some in Canada, but it's not across the board with all dealers (like mine :( )....

It's called 'Owner Advantage Rewards' and works similarly where you can earn points towards future visits. Here's where you can find participating dealers.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Actually we do have some in Canada, but it's not across the board with all dealers (like mine :( )....

It's called 'Owner Advantage Rewards' and works similarly where you can earn points towards future visits. Here's where you can find participating dealers.
Thanks and Rats.

The dealership in Barrie where I bought my truck from, does not participate, but the other dealer in Barrie does, and the dealer in Parry Sound, which is my closest dealer doesn’t, but the owner of that dealership, also owns one in Midland, and they do participate in it. Rats!

painter1

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ZX2, F350

Dynamite !, thank you.

My dealer is listed :) ...(sorry, for you guys :confused:)

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks Chris - much appreciated - I owe you a coffee!

My service dealership is in on the list - oddly, so is my sales guy's dealership - I'll let him know the programs are similar in case someone else asks..

I think my Service Advisor just made the naughty list. Two warranty visits, a front end alignment after my level kit, my first oil change, and one, maybe two, recalls and not a word about this program - that guy owes ME a coffee!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Not a hoser but I am a Hoosier ? im in my tree stand , not lonesome up here, suns out squirrels all around. Just waiting on a deer....?
Hey Mike,

No hosers allowed but Hoosiers are more than welcome here - well, as soon as we open our shared border. Did you know, the deer are bigger, juicier, and tastier here? ?

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
For those who like the Raptor Style lights, I found a site on line that has free shipping to Canada, or at least to Ontario. When I punched in my Postal Code I was surprised that it said Free Shipping. I sent them an email, just to make sure and they came back and I was surprised to read that yes, free shipping:

https://customautoworksstore.com/product/2019-ford-ranger-raptor-style-light-kit/
Cheers! I would definitely prefer the RTR Grill but $93 + free shipping sounds a lot better than $600. :LOL:

Drew Toner

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger lariat
Interesting.. did you have any extra weight in the back? How much extra weight would make an actual difference I wonder.

A couple weeks ago, I placed 6 cast iron, 75 lb joint bars, in a wooden box, in the back of my '20 Lariat FX4. I was still able to spin the rear wheels too easily. So I added the last three that I had. Much better now, but it took almost 700 pounds!! And I'm running the K02's.
Drew

Last edited:

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
one of the things about weighing down the back for traction is there are positives and negatives.

while weight over the rears gives you an edge for traction to go, the weight transfer lightens the front, and also gives you, in this case another 700lbs of inertia to stop.
expect the balance to shift, and where you gain here, you'll lose there.

try and brake hard, then steer and avoid an object. you'll see what I mean.

Personally, I just deal with the truck as it is and learn to drive it in the road conditions as they present themselves.
I have thought about the things you have said, especially about the effects on braking and about just dealing with how the truck is and drive according to the the current road conditions. Driving slower and in 4H should handle most of what is thrown at the truck

I still have the weight in the truck, most of the weight directly over the rear wheels. Ironically you never know if it is helping. When you have traction or control, is that because of the weight, or would you have had it anyways.

I added it because of my disappointed in the traction in 2H going up icy hills, but as my step son says, just put it in 4H, it is a 4x4 after all.

It is easy to remove the weight (pails of sand) if I decide to. I am really on the fence on it’s benefit, but will give it a try for awhile. We are getting 20-25 cms (4/5”) of snow today, so I will have another chance to test it tomorrow.

2B81FDE4-5F3B-416A-9519-80C37D5094B1.jpeg

AFC55A45-E909-4266-A9CE-04704C0DD162.jpeg

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Hey fellow Canadians.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy. If anyone is interested in buying the front pair OEM all-weather floor mats (used 3 months), or BNIB air filter or a BNIB AVS ventshade 21954 hood deflector message me.

Santa brought me some prezzies. I'm in Vancouver..
Sponsored