First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
That's what I ordered... XL, supercab, STX, FX2. :)

I thought I was being pretty specific on this order. Get what I need, not what I don't.
All my new (family also) vehicles, about 12 or so (all Ford products) were special ordered. If I'm going to shell out my hard earned $ for a new car, it'll be equipped the way I want it, and not what some sales manager thinks I want...

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You guys are all fancy and stuff. I ordered an XL supercab in velocity blue metallic, STX package and FX2 package, auto stop/start delete, spray in bedliner. Is that considered one of them there unicorns too? Please don't laugh, I know not as nice as yalls but it's a huge step up from my 2000 Ranger Trailhead with crank down windows, lol.
Peace
The "ASS" (auto/start stop) system delete is a factory option?

BRangersoon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Plumber
Mine went into production 04/04 and sat that way until a month ago . When I called ford I was told it was on chip hold.
They just say in production, no reason, just it is production, no more than your Ranger is in production.
no on hold for. I ask how could, it still be in production, "all I can see is that it is (you are ready), "In production. Dealer looks it is "in production" Ford rep, looked and it is "in production"
no one knows or on one is saying why, but it is "in production"

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
thanks again for this. finally showed up this morning. odd that it doesnt on the ford tracking site link. an annoying find is that ford increased the destination charge to $1495 from $1295 as listed on my dora. nice job ford. make me wait 7 months for the truck and charge me an extra 200 bucks to get it delivered
I would tell my dealer they need to honor the price quoted when you ordered. They should do it. Not your problem that shipping costs increased. My dealer says he will honor my lower shipping cost from my DORA.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You are absolutely correct, wish this was available when I ordered my '20 Lariat...
No matter though, I disabled the stupid system via FORScan, it was the very first mod I did on my truck. :thumbsup:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I would tell my dealer they need to honor the price quoted when you ordered. They should do it. Not your problem that shipping costs increased. My dealer says he will honor my lower shipping cost from my DORA.
Exactly, the price quoted should be the price you pay...

I was charged $1295 for shipping on my '20 Lariat, a bargain when you consider the truck traveled 5K miles to get to me.

However, I do feel sorry for those who's dealer is located just a mile away from the Michigan Assembly plant as the shipping cost is flat rate.

Cheryl

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Taurus SHO
Occupation
Accountant
Wow, Cheryl! That is crazy. How in the world can they manage an assembly line of vehicles if they cannot manage the communication surrounding those vehicles. Makes you wonder if it never actually made it to production. I mean, what did they do, get it mostly done and then pull it to the side - or start adding to the lot of the vehicles that are marked 'incomplete'?
I just got back from the dealer. The sales manager looked up my order and it shows that the truck is built, been to the body shop for the bedliner & tonneau cover, is back and on the ramp for, potential, delivery between September 5-11. I am not quite ready to hold my breath hoping that it will be here soon, but I wonder if the email some of us received on Thursday was sent in error.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
the base price is also $480 more than what is listed on my dora. wtf?
So you were probably at a 210 or 220 price level, and it is now 3xx? But the dealer should still honor your DORA pricing. I think @fordvideoguy had some info on this in one of his videos.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I just got back from the dealer. The sales manager looked up my order and it shows that the truck is built, been to the body shop for the bedliner & tonneau cover, is back and on the ramp for, potential, delivery between September 5-11. I am not quite ready to hold my breath hoping that it will be here soon, but I wonder if the email some of us received on Thursday was sent in error.
Ford make an error with their communication?!?! Surely you should post that in the Jokes thread.

Hoping you do get it. I noticed in the FordPass app today that an update was applied to the Sync on my truck (supposedly built on Thursday).

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Excellent news!

So I trust you have the VIN and a copy of the window sticker?
Sponsored