Supercabs with window deflectors -any pictures?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Steve,
Thinking about getting a pair of these. How have they worked out for you? Solid in channel mounting? Any wind noise reduction when on the freeway with windows all the way up?
Thanks.
They have worked perfectly. I have always bought the Weather Tech when available...their quality is top of the line. Never have had a problem with the in-channel from them.
Don't really think there is much more or less noise with windows up...but my hearing at my age isn't what it was 20 years ago....not too much noise wise bothers me.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Nice ... now I know what they would look like on mine , even though the rears don't really function, looks a bit more finished with them ...
Mine are not the in channel ones. I was going that route until my daughter starting having issues with hers in her Ford Escape. The window would catch it while closing and pop. Eventually it cracked where it was pinching.

So I went with exterior low profile and agree, they look like they belong there. They have been on for 17 months now. So 2 NE winters!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
They have worked perfectly. I have always bought the Weather Tech when available...their quality is top of the line. Never have had a problem with the in-channel from them.
Don't really think there is much more or less noise with windows up...but my hearing at my age isn't what it was 20 years ago....not too much noise wise bothers me.
Thanks for the input Steve.
Weathertech looks like the way to go :)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
DE6870AA-B5E2-4CA8-8C34-00475C36D9AE.jpeg

AVS regular profile stick on. Love them.
Thanks for the pic, I think I like the "regular" size compared to the low profile.

I agree that the low profile looks really slick but I want maximum rain protection with as much air flow as possible.

When we kayak, I don't want to worry about rain getting in if we're far out but I also want the truck as cool as possible.

For any SCAB looking for the non-low-profile:

https://www.autoventshade.com/original-ventvisor/2022/ford/ranger

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Ok do these cut down on the wind noise when the windows are open? How about wind flow in the cabin? What about if it's raining does any water drip in the cabin? Do I really need to get more stuff for my Ranger???????????? I am already in the poor house. LOL

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ok do these cut down on the wind noise when the windows are open? How about wind flow in the cabin? What about if it's raining does any water drip in the cabin? Do I really need to get more stuff for my Ranger???????????? I am already in the poor house. LOL
Air noise is about the same really. When just cracked minimal airflow into cabin. You can see it getting drawn out though. Even when windows are cracked during rain no water gets in. Was pretty surprised by that myself.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
How are these deflectors holding up, @subquark ? Did yours come as a two piece or four? The link lists it as a front and rear set.
I found that the only option for 4 piece set to be the low profile ones
Holding up well so far - and it's been through 2 New England winters. I like these larger ones as a throwback to when I was a kid.

They're also holding up to direct pressure washing - maybe washed a dozen times with an 1,100 PSI gun with a 40° tip held as close as an inch away (blasting bug guts off).

This only came as a two piece for the scab. I know that some brands give you "fake" ones for the smaller non-opening rear windows for a consistent look, but for me, these are great and do allow some airflow in the summer (or to leave cracked on above-freezing days to help dry out all the melted snow on the mats!). =)

Hmm, that link in my original post seems to only go to low profile ones. If I remember right, these were called their "original" model. Lemme take a look ...

Dang, I can't find those "original" ones, looks like https://www.autoventshade.com/ is no longer around! Must have been bought by RealTruck.

This group seems to have 10 left for scab Rangers, crud, maybe I should get a set for a few years down the road ...

https://www.partcatalog.com/avs-original-vent-visors.html

UPDATE: maybe I don't need to worry about having a spare:

American-made acrylic does NOT yellow in the sunlight. Witness the protective canopies and bubbles in the World War II bombers- they are still clear after 50 years in the sun! There are three other clear plastics that do yellow in the sun and get confused with acrylic- Styrene, PETG, and Polycarbonate.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I have the WeatherTech deflectors and they come with two only for driver and passenger side. They are high quality, durable and look nice. They are not attached with tape but lock into the window channels with clamps...

Installed (close up 1).png

Installed (medium range).png

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I have the WeatherTech deflectors and they come with two only for driver and passenger side. They are high quality, durable and look nice. They are not attached with tape but lock into the window channels with clamps...

Installed (close up 1).png

Installed (medium range).png
Of course I'm partial to scabs but man, oh, man, that's a really nice looking truck!

The color really pops in your pics. =)