First Name
Ely
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Oranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Optician
Has anyone ordered these and put them on their Ranger?
IMG_0417.png
Sponsored

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Those look exactly like the AVS deflectors i just installed, but those are like 80 bucks on Amazon (we'll ignore the extra cost I incurred from the small dent i put in my drivers side fender with my elbow during installation... haha)

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Those look exactly like the AVS deflectors i just installed, but those are like 80 bucks on Amazon (we'll ignore the extra cost I incurred from the small dent i put in my drivers side fender with my elbow during installation... haha)
Ford ones are the avs and lund, they're Simply rebranded as ford and the price is jacked up.

OP
OP
21TonkaTremor

21TonkaTremor

First Name
Ely
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Oranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Optician
Yes, I wish they stuck out more than an 3/4 of an inch, but since I paid only shipping due to reward points, no complaints here.

I took some crappy in garage pics..
20240229_043519.png
20240229_043430.png
20240229_043605.png
20240229_043455.png

mnAv8Xx.png
Exactly what I’m planning on ordering with my points that I’ve had in my account. Quick question. Do they make a lot of noise on high speeds?

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Exactly what I’m planning on ordering with my points that I’ve had in my account. Quick question. Do they make a lot of noise on high speeds?
The wind noise intrusion was unacceptable before I put these on so I couldn't really tell you.

Didn't make much a difference to me after install.. still can't have comfortable conversations at highway speeds either way lol.

E: I do get minor whistle sounds if the crosswinds are just right but its whatever to me.

Last edited:

Alaska Wolf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Jungle Splash
Occupation
Retired
These are actually manufactured for Ford by AVS, so yep they do look suspiciously similar for some reason. I installed the Ford branded ones on my 2023 and lo and behold they created an ungodly amount of wind noise. Dealership body techs actually troubleshot the excessive wind noise problem directly to them. Apparently for some reason on mine, the inside trailing edge of the driver's side front was creating huge amounts of turbulence, and wind noise; when the techs put duct tape over the trailing edge and smoothed the airflow, the noise went away. I didn't really feel like driving around with duct tape stuck to my truck, so I took them off and the excessive wind noise went away. I put them back on and the excessive wind noise came back. AVS was great, sent me a big roll of double stick tape along with some troubleshooting suggestion, but in the end neither Ford, nor AVS, ever arrived at a solution; apparently some Rangers have the problem with them, and some don't. As much as I like them, mine are currently sitting in the garage, the excessive wind noise was simply too excessive.
Sponsored