SuperCab Love

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I've has a supercab Rangrr on order since October. I never received confirmation or vin # from Ford. Or any correspondence for that matter. Dealer said there is a parts shortage for supercab's and had no idea when to expect it.
So I will be taking delivery of a 2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab Pro4X today and couldn't be happier.
Wasn't totally thrilled about a 4 cylinder turbo. Call me a little old school. This will be my4th Nissan pick up and never had a link of trouble.

20220226_171726.jpg
Do not blame you that is sickening , OCTOBER ! I am old school too but the little turbo beats my 66 hi po mustang or the old Z 28 I had ; I have been impressed by the newer tech .
Sponsored

Last edited:

chrisakz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Supercab XLT FX4
Same here being old school, this is the only new and heavy tech oriented vehicle(DITC) Ive ever owned. This forum really helps me feel at ease working on this thing as all other vehicles I’ve owned have been relatively simple naturally aspirated obd1 tech. I currently have zero complaints regarding purchasing my Ranger. Reliable and fulfilling power wise. (I have caught myself giving the new frontier in my neighborhood a glance or 2 though, nice looking truck) ? don’t know if I could ever bring myself to go import though if I’m being honest
Do not blame you that is sickening , OCTOBER ! I am old school too but the little turbo beats my my 66 hi po mustang or the old Z 28 I had ; I have been impressed by the newer tech .

Lsteele87

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect
Occupation
Energy Management
I've has a supercab Rangrr on order since October. I never received confirmation or vin # from Ford. Or any correspondence for that matter. Dealer said there is a parts shortage for supercab's and had no idea when to expect it.
So I will be taking delivery of a 2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab Pro4X today and couldn't be happier.
Wasn't totally thrilled about a 4 cylinder turbo. Call me a little old school. This will be my4th Nissan pick up and never had a link of trouble.

20220226_171726.jpg
Oh no I just put my order in for a lariat super cab last week finally I wonder if I will have my new work truck by winter LOL but that sure is a sharp looking Nissan you have.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The early supercabs were also delayed back in 2019. You've got to wait for the best. :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

20220226_171726.jpg
I feel your pain Art. I have a Bronco on order. All of us that are waiting on our Broncos have been experiencing radio silence since we ordered. Congratulation on the new Frontier. They are good lookin' trucks.

Lsteele87

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect
Occupation
Energy Management
Anyone run into a supposed "LED bulb shortage" my lariat scab had that come up and we had to take the 500 credit to swap to halogen to get the thing rolling. Atleast we got the build date and Vin, looks like it will be delivered August it early September from getting ordered in March. I'm hoping i can just go into the local Ford dealer and get the LED bulbs and swap.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Anyone run into a supposed "LED bulb shortage" my lariat scab had that come up and we had to take the 500 credit to swap to halogen to get the thing rolling. Atleast we got the build date and Vin, looks like it will be delivered August it early September from getting ordered in March. I'm hoping i can just go into the local Ford dealer and get the LED bulbs and swap.
I was under the impression that the whole assembly is different, not just the bulbs, but not sure either way...

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
You can go any place and find replacement led bulbs for the halogen headlight assemblies that are now being installed. H-11 lo beam 9005 hi beam, I think.

However

The Lariat OEM led housing that is now temporarily unavailable is a completely different integrated led light system that doesn't have "bulbs" per se. If you do a search on here, there are other threads that discuss aftermarket led light assemblies.

Lsteele87

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect
Occupation
Energy Management
You can go any place and find replacement led bulbs for the halogen headlight assemblies that are now being installed. H-11 lo beam 9005 hi beam, I think.

However

The Lariat OEM led housing that is now temporarily unavailable is a completely different integrated led light system that doesn't have "bulbs" per se. If you do a search on here, there are other threads that discuss aftermarket led light assemblies.
I will look into it but essentially what your saying is the entire headlight assembly has been swapped with the xlt one...... I guess the company credit card is going to buy two new lariat headlight assemblies. Because that just won't do.
Sponsored