Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Construction
BB5E2449-C64C-48AC-8072-623ACA16E658.png
You will disable start/stop by unplugging this.Negative side of battery terminal.Works like a charm !
Looks like this topic has already been addressed.Don’t know how to delete it ?‍♂

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Everything has been discussed here....except for that damper mod, that seems pretty new.
Tell me more of this damper mod. First I've heard of it...

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
BB5E2449-C64C-48AC-8072-623ACA16E658.png
You will disable start/stop by unplugging this.Negative side of battery terminal.Works like a charm !
That's the first thing I did to my Ranger and the only thing that hasn't cost me money :)

26point2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
That's the first thing I did to my Ranger and the only thing that hasn't cost me money :)
I hope you packed both ends w/dielectric grease and then wrapped it w/a prophylactic.

The above comment can be used on many different sites...feel free to re-use it.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
One thing to be mindful doing this. It disconnects the battery management system. That means your battery is getting a 100% charge. Not sure that’s a good thing with this type of AGM battery over the life of the battery. It will most likely shorten that.

I started with this hack to start as the ASS system is a PIA. Then I used Forscan and changed the factory charge amount from 75% to 90%. Also deactivated ASS. Been that way for months now without any issues.

With all the electrical demands from all the systems we’re running would prefer a little more head room.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
In HD today and passed by a neat little led night light for 3.98. I said wth, and threw in the cart.
Guess what, no S/S all the way home. Plus it has dusk to dawn, and Hi/Lo feature.

Bad news is it still cost me 91$ and some change to walk out that store. Damn it!

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I found the neatest trick to turn off the auto start stop. Ford installed a switch on the console and all I have to do is turn it to off and the feature is disabled. How about that?
With one addition:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
An even quicker install is to plug in a $4 night light into the 110 outlet. Mine has been working flawlessly for over a year!
Yeah, well, Start-Stop remains functional at the drivers discretion with the console switch. Many prefer an OEM style solution. I spent $40k + on my new truck - I can afford to spend another $90 on a proper solution to an irritating issue.
Sponsored