Starlink Internet Now Available Worldwide

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Anyone know if this can be used as a mobile device, as in an RV? This also solves a connection issue I have in Mexico. If this is mobile and usable for the months I'm in Mexico it would be sweet.
At the moment it cannot be used on a mobile device. It is tied strictly to an address. If you go 30 miles away, it likely would not work.

That is expected to change in the future, once they get more satellites up and go public.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
By not ordering the moment I received the invite, I missed out on the limited (handful) of dishes available in our area (cell).

I realize now that I may be waiting for 3 to 9 months before I receive my dish. It truly is just Beta testing right now and are not really serving the public yet.

I hope I am wrong, but I have put receiving the dish any time soon out of my thoughts. I just hope it doesn’t arrive after the snow flies.

5G is another option in the future, but we don’t receive 4G at the moment and some places barely get a cell signal at all. The price of living in a rural area, high over a hill, with the cell towers down below on the other side of the hill, only 6 miles away.
Our problem is the opposite. Cell towers a few miles away, but we're located in a river bottom. So very poor signal at home also.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Our problem is the opposite. Cell towers a few miles away, but we're located in a river bottom. So very poor signal at home also.
There are cell boosters that you can get for your home or auto. I put one in my in-laws house in Tennessee. They’re out in the boonies and before I did the install they had one bar barely in the house and one bar solid outside. Used Wilson electronics and now they get 3 bars indoors and still 1 outside. They love it because they can now video chat with grandkids and know if there is an emergency they get through first attempt. Well worth the money but they aren’t cheap

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are cell boosters that you can get for your home or auto. I put one in my in-laws house in Tennessee. They’re out in the boonies and before I did the install they had one bar barely in the house and one bar solid outside. Used Wilson electronics and now they get 3 bars indoors and still 1 outside. They love it because they can now video chat with grandkids and know if there is an emergency they get through first attempt. Well worth the money but they aren’t cheap
We definitely need to get one of these.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
We believe in doing it right the first time, so if we have to pay a little more - that’s fine. We’ll check it out! Thank you so much for the info!:like:
If you’re patient you can find them on EBay for short money compared to new. If you need more help DM me and I can guide you with what I learned.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had one of these (bought it from Verizon) when I lived back in MA. The area I was in was a small hill town and I could barely get 1 bar, if I stood in my driveway in one certain spot I could make a call. I bought a network extender and I ended up getting 3 bars and was able to finally use my cell up there. IIRC it was only $150 and the had a $50 rebate at the time.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Starlink package today. So far loving it. I’ve seen a couple of outages for up to about 30 seconds, this is expected since the satellite constellation is not yet complete. Can’t wait to call HughesNet to cancel next week ?

64ECA13C-F372-4F21-A79C-3A9A2169DF7E.jpeg

7AF634C6-3550-4D49-AB5E-6213BE6B8E90.jpeg

OP
OP
DeathRanger

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Starlink package today. So far loving it. I’ve seen a couple of outages for up to about 30 seconds, this is expected since the satellite constellation is not yet complete. Can’t wait to call HughesNet to cancel next week ?

64ECA13C-F372-4F21-A79C-3A9A2169DF7E.jpeg

7AF634C6-3550-4D49-AB5E-6213BE6B8E90.jpeg
dangit I'm jealous

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
dangit I'm jealous
You’re not going to want to hear this but I just placed my order on 4/28. My cell must not have many participants right now and they had a slot open for me. I too got the beta invite back when you started this thread but I wanted to wait it out and see how my friend liked his.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
You’re not going to want to hear this but I just placed my order on 4/28. My cell must not have many participants right now and they had a slot open for me. I too got the beta invite back when you started this thread but I wanted to wait it out and see how my friend liked his.
Congrats - me a bit jelly - ETA for my order is end-2022.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am seriously considering changing to Starlink. To those that have it, how do you like it? Good speeds? How about with multiple devices connected?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
A friend of mine lives outside Hamilton MO with NO cell or TV service, he was one of the first to get the Starlink service and he loves it. He did say he has outages from time to time but almost always less than a minute. Allowed his wife to go back to remote work from home. Where I am I have Comcast so have a very fast connection for $85 a month.
Sponsored