SOLVED: Engine Shroud Cover Missing On XL and XLT Trims?

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up fellas, rodents just LOVE to nest under those engine covers. I've seen it so many times. Some with nibbled injector wires or worse. My XLT won't come with one and it will stay that way.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Just a heads up fellas, rodents just LOVE to nest under those engine covers. I've seen it so many times. Some with nibbled injector wires or worse. My XLT won't come with one and it will stay that way.
Yeah,:rolleyes: who wants a Rat Motor?

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Do you park in a barn? :)

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
^^^^ :crackup::crackup::crackup:

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
No joke about the rodent issue. All these new vehicles wiring, insulators, trim pieces, etc are being made more and more with soy based material. Better for the environment and a rat's diet.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
No joke about the rodent issue. All these new vehicles wiring, insulators, trim pieces, etc are being made more and more with soy based material. Better for the environment and a rat's diet.
Very true. I had this problem with my compact tractor a few years ago and had to patch up some of the wiring right above the engine. I now leave the hood of the tractor up so the mice are not attracted to a nice closed environment.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I can't say I've ever seen a rat here in Florida, but I sure get a lot of lizards around my tires and lying out on my brake lines when I come out to my car. Fortunately they only eat bugs.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
I can't say I've ever seen a rat here in Florida, but I sure get a lot of lizards around my tires and lying out on my brake lines when I come out to my car. Fortunately they only eat bugs.
I don't think the northerners understand this comment.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I don't think the northerners understand this comment.
Well we snow birds sure do....:)
Leaving Friday for 6 weeks in FL and upon my return my Lariat awaits!!
(I'll be looking forward to getting home this year lol).

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
We had problems down at Flamingo (deep in the Everglades) where vultures were eating at rubber components of parked vehicles while their owners were out fishing. Door seals, window seals, wiper blades, basically anything they could get their beaks on. No one figured out (to my understanding) what the attraction was. The park service used the local media to get the word out, posted warnings advising park visitors to bring tarps to cover their vehicles and even started a honor system tarp loaner program.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
We had problems down at Flamingo (deep in the Everglades) where vultures were eating at rubber components of parked vehicles while their owners were out fishing. Door seals, window seals, wiper blades, basically anything they could get their beaks on. No one figured out (to my understanding) what the attraction was. The park service used the local media to get the word out, posted warnings advising park visitors to bring tarps to cover their vehicles and even started a honor system tarp loaner program.
That is an odd one. We have a lot of vultures here but haven't seen nor heard of one eating the rubber off of cars.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I drove thru Everglades NP a few years ago and Flamingo was impossible to enjoy without serious bug spray or mosquito netting. I didn't see any tarps there but they had them at the Royal Palm/Anhinga trail parking lot. The cars were covered in tarps and there were courtesy tarps along with signs urging folks not to leave you car uncovered. And yes, there were vultures all around. Really strange....
Sponsored