Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t you say nothing bad about that man, he’s a visionary and he’s gonna save us all! I heard his #2 don’t stink and his #3 cures cancer and depression in women 18-30.

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Don’t you say nothing bad about that man, he’s a visionary and he’s gonna save us all! I heard his #2 don’t stink and his #3 cures cancer and depression in women 18-30.
Got it, mums the word…:lipssealed:

But…. just between you and I, it may not be a coincidence that he sold all of his real property in the US, has sold $8+ Billion dollars of TSLA to prepare to buy a company (TWTR) that many pundits believe he never intended to buy, perhaps only as a smoke screen to keep TSLA from plunging on the news he was dumping shares.

I also won’t mention that his head of autonomous driving development left the company a few weeks ago…

Mums the word…

There is a lot more, but I won’t say it out loud cause, well, mums the word….

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
you already called mums the word , no take backs...
Oh, well I was a little unclear if just leaving someone else’s opinion, a normally ardent supporter site, constituted official “blabbing”…

So I won’t mention the release of autopilot reserves the company did a while back to bolster profits… not a damn word…

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I never really believed, or wanted to , about the whole autopilot deal... Elon is a strange one, ? not a big "aliens came to earth and got me pregnant " guy , but he would get my vote for most likely to be a hybrid...
You are not the only one who didn't believe Tesla could ever reach full Autonomous with their approach, pretty much every other expert in the world on the subject agrees with you.

The problem this poses for Tesla the company and more importantly Elon himself is as Elon Musk has said himself, if they can't achieve fully autonomous the company will be worth essentially zero.

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
This wouldn't be because he moved Tesla out of California, would it?
I actually think his move of Tesla corporate out of CA was more related to taxes than this problem. This problem if it ends up taking the worst possible path for Elon, likely will move him personally out of the country, to a place with no extradition treaty with the US.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
You are not the only one who didn't believe Tesla could ever reach full Autonomous with their approach, pretty much every other expert in the world on the subject agrees with you.

The problem this poses for Tesla the company and more importantly Elon himself is as Elon Musk has said himself, if they can't achieve fully autonomous the company will be worth essentially zero.
I just never believed it would "insurable ", I would actually prefer most people on the road not be in control of their autos at all , Id rather dodge AI cars coming at me ...

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I just never believed it would "insurable ", I would actually prefer most people on the road not be in control of their autos at all , Id rather dodge AI cars coming at me ...
I think the problem specific to Tesla is their design approach, not whether one day autonomous will be reality. That is the kernel of the problem for Elon, but isn't why his world is a little bit teetery today. ;)

It sure appears most of the auto industry (and Apple) agrees with you on the challenges of insuring a fully autonomous car running around town.

I suspect many of the larger auto insurers are talking together about larger risk pools, etc., to address the issue (they don't want to miss out on the next wave).

As far as the people actually planning to make the things, I think they are all thinking, "good, we will get to a subscription model quicker and our PE will go from 5 to 25, just like Apple did..." :)

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Doesn't appear to have impacted the stock or sales, earnings call may be today

The reality is self driving isn't a primary purchase factor for those who buy Teslas:

The key factors that drive demand for all EVs involve the cost of gasoline, the available features (all-wheel drive, sedan versus larger vehicles), availability of battery charging stations, and the appeal of the “green” movement. Tesla did not invent the EV market, but it has brought to it elements of luxury and elite status that seem to have captivated some segments of the market. The next steps are to penetrate the “mainstream” market, to capture Generation Y consumers, and to lower price points.
Sponsored

Last edited: