First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Some reports of the 2019 Tacoma show issues with its automatic transmission. Some owners reported a clunky metal sound from the transmission and difficulty changing gears. Issues with the transmissions sticking or becoming slow to change speeds are common issues for Tacomas with higher mileage as well. So if one's Tacoma is approaching the 100,000-mile marker, check that transmission ASAP. Furthermore, just an FYI for Tacoma owners, water leaking into brake lights is a common issue for the 2018 model.

And there is more!
8 Facts Toyota Owners Will Never Tell You
Sponsored

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
The "new" tacoma engine/transmission issues are nothing new. Yet they sell like crazy.
Its almost like a cult with these trucks
Crazy, I'm already looking for a manual transmission tacoma to replace this shit pile ranger I'm driving.
There really is not a perfect vehicle. I have never been brand loyal. I don't wave a ford flag or have blue oval bed sheets. I just drive what I like at the time and is the best price. Big auto don't give a crap about anyone. I really think people forget that.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Some reports of the 2019 _____ show issues with its automatic transmission. Some owners reported a clunky metal sound from the transmission and difficulty changing gears. Issues with the transmissions sticking or becoming slow to change speeds are common issues for ______

And there is more!
8 Facts Toyota Owners Will Never Tell You
Hope you don't mind but I put some blanks in there to see if anyone steps up and inserts 10R80. Yota owns and uses Aisin trannies and they are consistently rated as reliable.

Gotta laugh because every maker has it's issues, but when you look at ranking of vehicles that last the longest you generally find Yota and Lexus at or near the top of the list. And the V6 sludging issue - hugely overblown, IIRC impacted < 2% of engines.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Gotta laugh because every maker has it's issues, but when you look at ranking of vehicles that last the longest you generally find Yota and Lexus at or near the top of the list.
Doesn't matter how long it lasts when there's zero enjoyment driving your appliance.
Sponsored