First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
East Coast is a sweat box. High humidity and 91F today.

When you let the dogs out. They stop, look back at you and are pretty much saying. Seriously not staying out here. Back to the kitchen tile floor!
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'll trade Arizona 115 heat for swamp-ass Georgia 90's heat any time.

Dry heat is easy. Heat that sticks to you like napalm makes doing yard work a chore in torture.

Bug spray in GA last short term because your own sticky sweat eventually dilutes it to the point you are reapplying it once an hour.

Been through nearly 3 cans of spray in 4 days working outside getting garage pad ready. Probably got cancer by this point.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

When you let the dogs out. They stop, look back at you and are pretty much saying. Seriously not staying out here. Back to the kitchen tile floor!
I remember those days living back there! One reason why I moved out here was to get away from the humidity. Most of the new construction jobs I worked on didn't have any ac on yet so we would be soaked all day working it that mess. I cant remember which summer it was (think it was 2010 maybe) but we had 45 days of a heat wave where it was high 90's and high humidity. I cant afford to lose any weight and I think I lost 10lbs that summer. ?

91..... that's our morning lows. lol

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Only 87 but with 72 dew point. Feels like 94. My dog won't go out either.

IngotTexasRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Oddly cool and rainy for this time of year at 77F and 82% humidity in Houston. This rain is a nice break from the 97 degree days we've been having lately. But in true Houston fashion we are under a flash flood warning smh... Looks like the rest of the country is borrowing our usual weather for the week.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
It’s forecast to be 91 today which is standard. Our humidity ranges from 11 to 25% at the peak. It was 106 a few weeks ago but the humidity was single digits. We have AC and a pool. This is just our normal. Portland is another matter.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
101 for today and 103 forecast for tomorrow. I'm going to drive up into the Sierras tomorrow, maybe stop by the old town of Virginia City.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I moved from Augusta, GA to Vegas so I am familiar with that humidity.

I was stationed in Panama for 5 years. Triple canopy jungle so I know about humidity and it gets hot near the equator.

Everyone says high humidity and high heat make you uncomfortable. But the reality is the desert heat will simply kill you. People don’t make it a day lost in the desert out here in the Summer. When you cook food in the oven it’s a dry heat not a high humidity oven. Wanna turn raw meat to a burnt crisp, use dry heat.

In the Summer at midnight it is still 100F in the desert southwest. Summer has only begun but here is a snap of the hourly midnight numbers for tonight.

B1FA590F-D272-4832-A1A8-99C5C8C1CB7C.jpeg

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4

109 here currently near Vancouver, WA. Predicted to get up to 113 by end of day. I worry about my truck paint...