Skid plate

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Do the mounting bolts come with the plate?
If you have a non FX4 4X4, you use the same bolts that hold on the black skid plate on the front. I'm not sure about a 4X2. Your signature doesn't state what you have.

I am not 100% positive, but I believe all 4x4 models, without FX4, have all but the front metallic plate,
The 4X4 without the FX4 package does not have the transfer case skid plate. You do need the 4 bolts for that. They are the same as the front skid plate.
Sponsored

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
If you have a non FX4 4X4, you use the same bolts that hold on the black skid plate on the front. I'm not sure about a 4X2. Your signature doesn't state what you have.

The 4X4 without the FX4 package does not have the transfer case skid plate. You do need the 4 bolts for that. They are the same as the front skid plate.
I have a non FX4 4X4.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I have a non FX4 4X4.
Great. You won't need any additional bolts for the FX4 front skid plate then. I just did this upgrade last week. I had ordered 4 bolts for it and found that I did not need them. However, those same 4 bolts came in handy for the transfer case skid plate instead.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Great. You won't need any additional bolts for the FX4 front skid plate then. I just did this upgrade last week. I had ordered 4 bolts for it and found that I did not need them. However, those same 4 bolts came in handy for the transfer case skid plate instead.
Good to hear. Thanks!

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
Had some time today and got the skid plate installed. Overall I am very happy with the look of the Herculiner and install was a breeze with only 4 bolts. Anyone want to buy a 5D032A? :wink:

skid plate 1.jpg
skid plate 2.jpg
skid plate 3.jpg
skid plate 4.jpg

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
figured out i have to order 4x4 Tow hooks with the plate brackets to replace mine w/o. Is there a Fuel tank skid plate? I can't find one in the Ford parts search?

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
If you don't mind me asking, how long did Tasca take? I put in my order on the 10th and it's still processing.
Should of went with White bear lake. mine is already on the Truck....

Skidder.jpg

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
I was watching a video on changing the oil on my 2019 Ranger. It showed removing a skid plate to help keep things from getting messy when draining the oil. My truck, 2WD does not have the skid plate. Is the skid plate only for 4WD or off road applications?
Skid plate is for off road applications, or in the north, for adverse weather conditions where snow/ice may damage components. Just changed my oil on my FX4; no need to completely remove the skid plate in order to “keep things from getting messy”. I can elaborate to a greater extent if desired. All the best.

Slash3040

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Audio Video Technician
Have a XLT came with skid plates....
I think the difference is the FX4 package comes with a steel skid plate or a bash plate. Every other truck should have at least a plastic skid plate if I'm not mistaken. Great for light scratches and stuff but if you hit a rock or something going over a ditch you might tear the plastic one up

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
Am I seeing this right? bumper trim between the tow hooks goes over the skid plate? it looks sweet with the herculiner. I was thinking do mine red
Not exactly (if I am understanding you correctly). The skid plate comes up under the trim, but I wouldn't say that the trim comes "over" it, they kind of meet up in the front.

The herculiner is still holding up well after a few hundred mile trips, some bugs but no realy scratches or marks.

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't mind me asking, how long did Tasca take? I put in my order on the 10th and it's still processing.
I can't remember exactly how long, but it was probably about a month from ordering to my door.

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
I can't remember exactly how long, but it was probably about a month from ordering to my door.
I just put in a request to cancel my order. When I initially ordered, I was hesitant, but they told me they'd ship out in 3-5 business days. This is unfortunately my second experience with them that has gone poorly.

I had used them in the past when I had my 2003 F150, and loved them. I'm guessing they lost a lot of staff due to covid. They are getting terrible reviews recently.

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
Will never order from Tasca again, pricing was great but they take forever. And, unlike some they deposit your money and sit on it while they decide whether or not to order your parts.
Sponsored