First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Car wash much? Some of them when blowing off water can get it to come in from wiper gap
Sorry to jump on an old post but I recently had a similar issue with water and spark plugs. I went through a hard rain storm while on the interstate. The next day I could feel that the engine was “missing” under load, like accelerating fairly hard. Since I had seen other posts about water getting past the coil pack seals, I suspected this might be the issue. Since I was out of town, I had to wait for about a week to check it out. During this time the “miss” became barely noticeable, but was still there. Upon removing the plugs, #2 and #3 showed deposits and even some rust due to water. See picture.

The coil pack seals look fine. They were bolted down properly. I replaced the plugs and the engine is now running fine. I don’t wash the engine and I have had a Lariat engine cover since the first month of ownership. My ranger is a 2020 XLT with about 20,000 miles. I’ll probably replace the two coils and seals on the plugs that showed deposits. Not sure why this happened now, but I’ll definitely be watching for a reoccurrence.
F730B856-7FD5-422B-B65A-FB95A14CE1CC.jpeg
Sponsored

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Sorry to jump on an old post but I recently had a similar issue with water and spark plugs. I went through a hard rain storm while on the interstate. The next day I could feel that the engine was “missing” under load, like accelerating fairly hard. Since I had seen other posts about water getting past the coil pack seals, I suspected this might be the issue. Since I was out of town, I had to wait for about a week to check it out. During this time the “miss” became barely noticeable, but was still there. Upon removing the plugs, #2 and #3 showed deposits and even some rust due to water. See picture.

The coil pack seals look fine. They were bolted down properly. I replaced the plugs and the engine is now running fine. I don’t wash the engine and I have had a Lariat engine cover since the first month of ownership. My ranger is a 2020 XLT with about 20,000 miles. I’ll probably replace the two coils and seals on the plugs that showed deposits. Not sure why this happened now, but I’ll definitely be watching for a reoccurrence.
F730B856-7FD5-422B-B65A-FB95A14CE1CC.jpeg
You ever check back to see if the #2 and #3 were doing the same?