Seat, something shifting?

Fleckbass

First Name
BRUCE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT FX4 WHITE
I've noticed at least a few times now that something feels like it's shifting with the seat. Can't pinpoint it yet. Any know issues?
Sponsored

Last edited:

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Yeah there have been quite a few reports of the driver's seat bottom shifting a little. Mine does it, but only on certain turns and I can't replicate it as it is very random.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
so I'm NOT crazy!! Noticed my seat doing it for about 6 months now and im not that fat 180lbs. Putting both hands on it and hit/wiggle replicates the noise. Let me know if any of you have any success with dealer addressing it...

I was in there to have the black metal roof strips replaced b/c both had paint bubbling off. It was under warranty BUT they had to pull the a & b pillars to drop the headliner b/c the bolts that hold it on go up rather than down...

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Or fuel in the tank sloshing. I feel that around half tank.

update: looks like Frenchy has the cure. See below.

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So there is a bulletin about the seat shifting on many Ford vehicles including the ranger. Thankfully itnis something that can be fixed in one visit too. I have done the repair an a few vehicles already. Yes it is under warranty and it does solve it. The solution...... Get a small section of 3/4 heater hose and clamp it on one of the seat tubes....... Yes it works but sounds cheap if you ask me...... But it works.....

OP
OP

Fleckbass

First Name
BRUCE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So there is a bulletin about the seat shifting on many Ford vehicles including the ranger. Thankfully itnis something that can be fixed in one visit too. I have done the repair an a few vehicles already. Yes it is under warranty and it does solve it. The solution...... Get a small section of 3/4 heater hose and clamp it on one of the seat tubes....... Yes it works but sounds cheap if you ask me...... But it works.....
Can you refer me to the bulletin please?

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Mine also has this. Had them check the seat bolts because I could feel it shifting sometimes but they said they were tight. So I guess this is probably the cause

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It is unfortunately a common thing on a bunch of the Ford vehicles. I have performed this repair a few times already.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
It is unfortunately a common thing on a bunch of the Ford vehicles. I have performed this repair a few times already.
Which bolts need to be tightened on our Rangers?

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
interesting. tho id prefer zip ties or elect tape ILO the clam. Id be concerned that it woul over time rub a hole if its in contact with something down there.

OP
OP

Fleckbass

First Name
BRUCE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the Ford bulletin for this is 20-2171. It applies to various vehicles from 2013 to 2020.
Thanks. I don't know where to look the tsb up. Do you have a link?