seat foam failure, drivers side

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I don't quite understand what the bolster is. Is the problem only visible from underneath? But noticeable when sitting in it?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
Good to hear they found a root cause; will they replace the pad with a new one again, and install proper?
yup, the new dealer is working with higher ups to make sure it fixed right. they might end up doing an entirely new chair to eliminate and potential damage from the last dealer.
we will see, either way i’ll be happy when this is all done. such a dumb thing to have problems with.

also- all of the previous work that was done- they are going to review all of it.

Elmosaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger (SCrew Lariat Tremor)
yup, the new dealer is working with higher ups to make sure it fixed right. they might end up doing an entirely new chair to eliminate and potential damage from the last dealer.
we will see, either way i’ll be happy when this is all done. such a dumb thing to have problems with.

also- all of the previous work that was done- they are going to review all of it.
Good deal! Sounds like your new dealership's service center is good people.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
I was reading through this to see who's had problems with the drivers foam on their trucks. I'm making an appointment to take mine in. It feels like the pad is either low on the left side or high on the right side making it uncomfortable for anything more than 10 minutes. Feels like the right seam line is digging into my leg. Oddly I feel like I sit crooked (both legs point to the left). Hard to explain, hope my dealer understands. I unhooked the pad removed and reseat it into the frame, but no difference. The fabric still looks new. Anyone experience something like that?

OP
OP

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
I was reading through this to see who's had problems with the drivers foam on their trucks. I'm making an appointment to take mine in. It feels like the pad is either low on the left side or high on the right side making it uncomfortable for anything more than 10 minutes. Feels like the right seam line is digging into my leg. Oddly I feel like I sit crooked (both legs point to the left). Hard to explain, hope my dealer understands. I unhooked the pad removed and reseat it into the frame, but no difference. The fabric still looks new. Anyone experience something like that?
have you checked the foam underneath? you could have same problem as me.
or- your could also have a back issue. tight spinal erectors can cause your pelvis to shift, making feel like your seat it higher on one side than the other, and you may not have any back pain at all.
check the foam first though haha.

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
Same issue i have but it is my left leg/thigh.Feels like sitting on metal bar or something. Used to take about 20 minutes for it to bother me, now it is about 5 minutes. After reading this thread i am going to check it out further. I don't plan on keeping this truck long term, so i was just going to live with it for time being. I would have taken it to a good auto upholstry shop and had them fix it right if i was planning on keeping it.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
have you checked the foam underneath? you could have same problem as me.
or- your could also have a back issue. tight spinal erectors can cause your pelvis to shift, making feel like your seat it higher on one side than the other, and you may not have any back pain at all.
check the foam first though haha.
I've already worked that out with my Chiropractor lol I don't notice it in other vehicles, just my truck.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked everything over an couldn't find anything obviously wrong. It goes into the dealer next Thursday. The service writer said the tech just has to confirm what I'm feeling, take a couple pictures for Ford warranty, and figure out what parts to order. Apparently goes pretty quick, said I could just wait for it in the morning.

OP
OP

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
I looked everything over an couldn't find anything obviously wrong. It goes into the dealer next Thursday. The service writer said the tech just has to confirm what I'm feeling, take a couple pictures for Ford warranty, and figure out what parts to order. Apparently goes pretty quick, said I could just wait for it in the morning.
yeah… mine got fixed quick, but then failed 3 weeks later. went to dealer mid feb. still waiting.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah… mine got fixed quick, but then failed 3 weeks later. went to dealer mid feb. still waiting.
Dang. I already told my wife if this doesn't work, I'm trading it in for an F150 lol

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Mine is going into the dealer on Monday for a drivers seat cushion issue. 2022 XLT Tremor with heated seats. 300 miles on it and something is going on with it. Has a crease in the suede already and all puffed up behind the crease. Feels weird also. Not sure what’s going on.
2E34CEE9-D73B-4F20-B7AA-08C735F2B904.jpeg

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Mine is going into the dealer on Monday for a drivers seat cushion issue. 2022 XLT Tremor with heated seats. 300 miles on it and something is going on with it. Has a crease in the suede already and all puffed up behind the crease. Feels weird also. Not sure what’s going on.
2E34CEE9-D73B-4F20-B7AA-08C735F2B904.jpeg
Better picture
02CDF4BD-492B-44E3-B4D1-05D1B7DEB2FE.jpeg

OP
OP

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
Dang. I already told my wife if this doesn't work, I'm trading it in for an F150 lol
its a simple fix though, so im not worrred. i think back to my tacoma seat and remember how bad those seats were. most of us that came from tacomas- you wont hear us complain about ranger seat comfort haha.
but- qaqc issues are different.
Sponsored

Last edited: