Drivers side window rolled down in middle of night

magnus

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Had something weird happen this morning that I’m at a loss at. Went to bed last night with my Ranger locked up and windows up in driveway. Left my keys on my table. I specifically remember confirming that all the windows were up last night at least an hour or two after I put my keys away because I was admiring my drivers side window tint while brushing my teeth.

About two hours later I wake up in middle of night and get a glance of Ranger from my bedroom window, only the drivers side window was completely down. Had a complete heart attack because I thought someone smashed it. After inspecting, I realized it had gone down on its own. All other windows were up and doors were still locked.

I’m at a complete loss at how this happened. Anyone else ever experience this? Important to add that I was rear-ended about 3 days ago, not sure if that accident messed something up and o should report this for repairs.

It’s a 2020 XLT FX4 with no mods
Sponsored

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
About two hours later I wake up in middle of night and get a glance of Ranger from my bedroom window, only the drivers side window was completely down.
If the actuator goes out, the window will drop down. In this case you would need to replace the actuator. However, if the window is still working, then that is not the problem.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Does the FordPass app let you drop windows? I think mine just has start up and stop.

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
Had something weird happen this morning that I’m at a loss at. Went to bed last night with my Ranger locked up and windows up in driveway. Left my keys on my table. I specifically remember confirming that all the windows were up last night at least an hour or two after I put my keys away because I was admiring my drivers side window tint while brushing my teeth.

About two hours later I wake up in middle of night and get a glance of Ranger from my bedroom window, only the drivers side window was completely down. Had a complete heart attack because I thought someone smashed it. After inspecting, I realized it had gone down on its own. All other windows were up and doors were still locked.

I’m at a complete loss at how this happened. Anyone else ever experience this? Important to add that I was rear-ended about 3 days ago, not sure if that accident messed something up and o should report this for repairs.

It’s a 2020 XLT FX4 with no mods
Long shot but in my old Ranger I left the door open for a few hours & a squirrel got in.
Good thing I spec'd manual windows or the bushy-tailed rodent might've rolled down my windows, too. As it was, I noticed something flinging itself around in a panic and just had to open the door again.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Long shot but in my old Ranger I left the door open for a few hours & a squirrel got in.
Good thing I spec'd manual windows or the bushy-tailed rodent might've rolled down my windows, too. As it was, I noticed something flinging itself around in a panic and just had to open the door again.
The windows won't work unless you activate the battery via key turn or push to start without foot on brake. But funny story, I enjoyed it :crackup:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
at least you don't have a sunroof

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Not really Rick……only about six feet - give or take. ?
Damn...you must be a Dad based on the high quality of that joke., which i was hoping nobody else had used yet??

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Damn...you must be a Dad based on the high quality of that joke., which i was hoping nobody else had used yet??
Nope, not a Dad - maybe it’s a Canadian thing. ?