First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Well thanks to a member here I picked up a SCT tuner for $25. It was married to another vehicle and I found a less than reputable looking website to unlock it for $45. 6 hours of updates plugged into my computer later I was ready to tune it. Guess what it required another vehicle specific download for the ranger over wifi. 30 minutes later I was ready to tune.

The canned tunes are pretty good for what they are. I have custom tuned many vehicles so I knew what I was getting into. The nicest thing was disabling ASS, less lugging in the city, nicer shifting so far, and sport mode is very sporty now!

$75 well spent.
Sponsored

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have tried the SCT canned tunes on a Focus ST, Ecoboost Mustang and my Ranger. In the case of the Focus and Mustang I found the throttle response a little to abrupt for a daily driver. The throttle response on the Ranger was fine but the transmission tuning though better than stock wasn't what I was looking for. I went to Unleashed and had Torrie create a custom transmission calibration for me to go along with his off the shelf 87 octane performance tune. I am over 10k miles into the combination and am 100% satisfied.

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
I just pulled mine off, maybe I’m just getting old, but I didn’t like the shifting in any of them, I liked the unleashed the best, but the 5 star was a huge disappointment for what I spent with them shifting wise and mpg wise.

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I have tried the SCT canned tunes on a Focus ST, Ecoboost Mustang and my Ranger. In the case of the Focus and Mustang I found the throttle response a little to abrupt for a daily driver. The throttle response on the Ranger was fine but the transmission tuning though better than stock wasn't what I was looking for. I went to Unleashed and had Torrie create a custom transmission calibration for me to go along with his off the shelf 87 octane performance tune. I am over 10k miles into the combination and am 100% satisfied.
I have a feeling I will want to go custom eventually. Transmission is definitely better but I hope after a few thousand miles it will improve. Time will tell. Either way it is a huge improvement.
Sponsored