First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
So SCT has come out with their own tunes for our Rangers. I had an SCT X4 from my old f250 and figured I would give it a shot. Got onto the SCT website, plugged my device into the PC, downloaded their updates which included the new tunes, and installed onto my truck via OBD. Kind of scary as all kinds of sensor malfunctions went off during the upload but went away after install was complete. Understandable as the computer was being rewritten. Anyways so far I've put about 50 miles on it. MPG is about the same, more "testing" needed there. As far as power goes, nothing incredibly noticeable. I only punched it on occasion pretune and will still probably drive that way now so it's hard to compare. I guess I can say it has a little more power in S mode. SCT does not mention their stats but I'll be calling them to ask. What I do like is the downshifting. It doesn't seem to hesitate and load up as much before deciding it's time to downshift during normal/non-aggressive driving conditions. So I do want to say that with normal driving, it's probably better for your engine health compared to before when you give it fuel and its like pulling teeth to get it to downshift without punching it haha. How long would I keep the tune? Probably for another month or so until I save up for Livernois, unleashed or FPP.

Hope this what helpful. I called SCT about two months ago to see if they had a tune for our ranger and they said no. Looked on their website and now it's there. So it's pretty new. It is a canned tune so keep in mind it's not custom or climate specific. Running their 91.
Sponsored

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
Did you happen to notice if they provided an option to change tire size yet?
I didn't use it because I'm all stock but yes. Tire size, gear ratio, shift points, top speed and thats about what I can remember.

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
So SCT has come out with their own tunes for our Rangers. I had an SCT X4 from my old f250 and figured I would give it a shot. Got onto the SCT website, plugged my device into the PC, downloaded their updates which included the new tunes, and installed onto my truck via OBD. Kind of scary as all kinds of sensor malfunctions went off during the upload but went away after install was complete. Understandable as the computer was being rewritten. Anyways so far I've put about 50 miles on it. MPG is about the same, more "testing" needed there. As far as power goes, nothing incredibly noticeable. I only punched it on occasion pretune and will still probably drive that way now so it's hard to compare. I guess I can say it has a little more power in S mode. SCT does not mention their stats but I'll be calling them to ask. What I do like is the downshifting. It doesn't seem to hesitate and load up as much before deciding it's time to downshift during normal/non-aggressive driving conditions. So I do want to say that with normal driving, it's probably better for your engine health compared to before when you give it fuel and its like pulling teeth to get it to downshift without punching it haha. How long would I keep the tune? Probably for another month or so until I save up for Livernois, unleashed or FPP.

Hope this what helpful. I called SCT about two months ago to see if they had a tune for our ranger and they said no. Looked on their website and now it's there. So it's pretty new. It is a canned tune so keep in mind it's not custom or climate specific. Running their 91.
Just put the SCT preloaded tune in Its very nice, noticeable faster in sport mode and the shifts are very noticeably smoother. maybe not as much power as the other tunes but for free from my old f150 tuner cant complain. also lets you change a few things if you dont have forscan. eventually i might try for the 5star tune though when i get 33s.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD

Just a FYI Torrie from unleashed might be able to trade-in your old X4 to upgrade to the newer BDX. if you choose to sell it. that's what I did to save a little on the BDX tuner. not sure what the difference in SCT canned tunes are between the BDX and X4 though.

https://unleashedtuning.com/device-trade-in/
Sponsored