Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
UPDATE: the latest software and firmware updates from BDX allow tire size adjustment. I think the menu option is called Vehicle Functions/Special Functions. Super easy!
Sponsored

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
UPDATE: the latest software and firmware updates from BDX allow tire size adjustment. I think the menu option is called Vehicle Functions/Special Functions. Super easy!
I tried it several months ago and it did not work. Called both SCT and 5Star and was told it was not actually ready or something along those lines. Issue with my custom tune and the SCT software able to work with one another for tire size. Let me know if it actually works for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Are you guys updating your firmware?? I see it says for Tech Support Use Only.

Although I did notice it updated the FW after I updated the device and connected it to my truck. But still no option to change tire size. I'm running 5 Star tunes.

On my BullyDog BDX both the preloaded tunes and the original 5Star tunes have options to adjust the tire size, as well as spark advance and idle rpm. The updated tunes from 5 Star that I put in for to make some adjustments to the transmission aggressiveness do not have any additional adjustment options like they original tunes I got from them do. There must be something they are enabling/disabling with their tune files that is preventing the adjustment options from being accessible in the updated files vs the original ones from them.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I’m kinda curious of the spark advance settings and if we really need to be messing with them?
School me if you like.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
I tried it several months ago and it did not work. Called both SCT and 5Star and was told it was not actually ready or something along those lines. Issue with my custom tune and the SCT software able to work with one another for tire size. Let me know if it actually works for you.
I had heard the updates were available but I couldn’t access the features. A few days ago I plugged in the tuner and some big updates were downloaded and installed, plus a firmware update. Now the option is there and I successfully changed my tire size to 32.8”.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
When I return home I will check the update and see if I can get it to work.
Thx.
I had heard the updates were available but I couldn’t access the features. A few days ago I plugged in the tuner and some big updates were downloaded and installed, plus a firmware update. Now the option is there and I successfully changed my tire size to 32.8”.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
On my BullyDog BDX both the preloaded tunes and the original 5Star tunes have options to adjust the tire size, as well as spark advance and idle rpm. The updated tunes from 5 Star that I put in for to make some adjustments to the transmission aggressiveness do not have any additional adjustment options like they original tunes I got from them do. There must be something they are enabling/disabling with their tune files that is preventing the adjustment options from being accessible in the updated files vs the original ones from them.
The tuner can limit what things you can change in their tune files in the SCT software they use to create the tune. They can even lock out access to the canned tunes that are on the device if you purchased the device from them. I purchased an SCT X4 in 2013 with tunes for life from Steeda for my 13 Focus ST. They locked out access to everything including the canned tunes. I was able to get access to the canned tunes by doing a factory reset on the device (after making copies of the stock tune and the Steeda tune).

I am quite sure that the tuners lock out features in the device as a CYA to prevent folks from messing with the tune, blowing up the engine then blaming the tuner.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.