First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I'm all for small government and government leaving people alone. However, drunk driving is one of the stupidest and most fucking selfish actions that entitled self-centered assholes can do. 0 excuse for it these days. Your not "cool" or "edgy" and no you don't "drive better when you is drunk" than sober. Reference the earlier sentence as to what you are if you CHOOSE to do that crap.
Gee Adam, tell us how you really feel :) In any event I agree with you 100%. In my 20 years as a LEO I have seen my share of DUI accidents, seeing the dead innocent while the drunk walks away just pisses me off, I am all for an "equalizing Law" in these cases.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
China is doing something right.....lets follow china.
Until recently no one there could afford a car.

I've never driven under the influence an don't condone it. Personally I stop after a handful of drinks an switch to diet coke in the summer or coffee in the winter for an hour or two before driving. Many times I don't drink alcohol at all so I'm the designated driver.

A guy I know pushes his luck with it. This BMW M550i has the auto braking, lane control an all that stuff so I think he's over confident. With uber an lift there's really no reason to chance driving drunk. When will the cars get to the point you just tell it where you want to go an sit back?

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
All the "well drunk driving is bad" people don't realize making it a law will force the economy cars to cheap out on the tech as much as possible to keep the cost down. And then it will break.

Same thing happened when TPMS was mandated and it always broke within 2 years. But TPMS didn't lock down your ride and strand you...

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
this isnt a scientific observation at all, just my opinion regarding Canada and its higher rate.

Alot of impaired crashes happen in a rural setting.
higher speeds and trees dont mix.
and the moth to the light scenario plays out really well as the drunk drives towards the light of oncoming vehicles.
hence, when a collision occurs, its somewhat more significant of an impact than something on city street and intersections, and therefore the death rate is higher
Yep I moved from the suburbs of NJ and serious accidents and deaths are much higher here in rural Missouri. The roads are twisty enough I don't even mess with the climate controls while driving.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I generally support safer roads. I think any like or dislike I have about this is going to come from how it's implemented and any unintended consequences that are above and beyond a minor inconvenience.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I was specifically calling out Europe. The chart is interesting , but its % of deaths from drunk drivers. I was refering to the what would be the % of DUIs from all drivers.
Given that there is a percentage of death at all serves as an effective counterpoint to your statement that they don't even think of driving after one drink; if that were true, the percentage of death would be zero or at least near it.
Sponsored