Satnav Breadcrumbs Off-Road Technology (SYNC3) Now Available for Ford Ranger

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
OVER THE RIVER OR THROUGH THE WOODS, FORD RANGER BREADCRUMBS TECH HELPS OFF-ROAD DRIVERS FIND THEIR WAY BACK

1577077393385.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 19, 2019 – Ford is making off-road adventures less stressful by giving drivers a “breadcrumb” path to find their way back to the pavement.

When enabled in the SYNC® 3 navigation settings, the Breadcrumbs feature works in the background to drop a virtual pin every second while out on the trail. When drivers need to return to the road, the feature provides them with a guide to get back to their starting point – without the stress of relocating landmarks.

Based on satellite technology, the Satnav Breadcrumbs feature is included in Ranger’s navigation system and is available on XLT and Lariat series trucks. Breadcrumbs is also available on other Built Ford Tough trucks equipped with SYNC 3 and navigation technology.

For even more off-road capability, Ford Ranger can also be equipped with an FX4 Off-Road Package, including an electronic locking rear differential and Terrain Management System with Trail Control for situation-specific traction. Off-road accessories like a winch-capable front bumper and leveling kit are also available for improved ground clearance and rugged styling.
Sponsored

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Is this new to the Ranger? Will the latest Nav update include this feature? I haven't looked through the setup to see if I have it. I have downloaded but haven't applied the Nav update yet.

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Is this new to the Ranger? Will the latest Nav update include this feature? I haven't looked through the setup to see if I have it. I have downloaded but haven't applied the Nav update yet.
It's not new. The article doesn't really mention that it's available with a recent release. I think it's a 'check this out about the Ranger' kind of thing. I've seen that setting for a long time, and just used it this week. Pretty cool!

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
Things I did not know...

This is a nice feature I plan on checking out later today. I'm not sure how I missed it.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
OVER THE RIVER OR THROUGH THE WOODS, FORD RANGER BREADCRUMBS TECH HELPS OFF-ROAD DRIVERS FIND THEIR WAY BACK

1577077393385.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 19, 2019 – Ford is making off-road adventures less stressful by giving drivers a “breadcrumb” path to find their way back to the pavement.

When enabled in the SYNC® 3 navigation settings, the Breadcrumbs feature works in the background to drop a virtual pin every second while out on the trail. When drivers need to return to the road, the feature provides them with a guide to get back to their starting point – without the stress of relocating landmarks.

Based on satellite technology, the Satnav Breadcrumbs feature is included in Ranger’s navigation system and is available on XLT and Lariat series trucks. Breadcrumbs is also available on other Built Ford Tough trucks equipped with SYNC 3 and navigation technology.

For even more off-road capability, Ford Ranger can also be equipped with an FX4 Off-Road Package, including an electronic locking rear differential and Terrain Management System with Trail Control for situation-specific traction. Off-road accessories like a winch-capable front bumper and leveling kit are also available for improved ground clearance and rugged styling.
Good feature! Now if they could only get the locate option working again on the phone app!

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
If I just would have bought the Lariat.......two features that I wanted was Navigation and push button start. Dammit.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Some automotive GPS units have breadcrumb features. I think Garmin's is called Trip Log. Do those work off road like the Ford breadcrumb feature being discussed here?

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Why nav didn't come standard on all models is beyond me.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Some automotive GPS units have breadcrumb features. I think Garmin's is called Trip Log. Do those work off road like the Ford breadcrumb feature being discussed here?
I'm not too sure about "automotive" GPSs from Garmin but I have used both the Oregon and Montana models with topo maps when i go 4-wheeling. They can keep track where you travel so you can back-track if necessary but even better, you can download the tracks into their program called "Base Camp" and keep a long term record of your trips.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not too sure about "automotive" GPSs from Garmin but I have used both the Oregon and Montana models with topo maps when i go 4-wheeling. They can keep track where you travel so you can back-track if necessary but even better, you can download the tracks into their program called "Base Camp" and keep a long term record of your trips.
I use BaseCamp for my Goldwing as it uses Garmin for the built in nav. Great to make trips as I tend to avoid Interstates as much as possible. We prefer the scenic route when traveling on 2 wheels.

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
i played with it today.
looks like i'm pooping purple poo as i drive.

the breadcrumb trail stayed even after several starts.
You should check your diet. Purple indicates a diet too rich in berries. :)

Last edited:

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

1577077393385.jpg

Okay, I just our new Ranger about 3 weeks ago, XLT with FX4 package. 1st question, How do I get a leveling kits from Ford?
2nd question, How do I get the breadcrumbs? I currently dont have a Nav and I use my phone thru the android apps but here in SoCal and out in the trails there are no good signal.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I enabled breadcrumbs and am spewing breadcrumbs out the back.

How can we clear the crumbs ? I switched them OFF/ON, but that didn't seem to clear them.

Is there a crumb limit ?

Not very useful if it just keeps spewing until everything has crumbs.
Sponsored