Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Had a 2017 Tacoma Access Cab and it sucked! I had wanted a longer bed when I bought it but found out that the back jump seats were totally useless! Guess I'm glad I bought it so I'd find out how bad it was and get the Ranger Super Crew to replace it!
Ranger-Logo-2.jpg

OP
OP
Sarge104

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
Had a 2017 Tacoma Access Cab and it sucked! I had wanted a longer bed when I bought it but found out that the back jump seats were totally useless! Guess I'm glad I bought it so I'd find out how bad it was and get the Ranger Super Crew to replace it!
Ranger-Logo-2.jpg
Only bodies I intend to put in the back seats are emergency hauls when out on a call and my four legged co- pilot. Personally I'd rather not have the seats in the back at all but was not able to bring myself to pay for the delete.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Could not get traction to the ground, spinning all the way through 3rd gear....Need cheater slicks...bummer.

F9CBFFD7-9957-48DD-BCE7-E55674ED42CF.jpeg
Track day July 19th here coming up with the new wheels and tires so we will see....still mpg is 23 mpg/sport mode...

OP
OP
Sarge104

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Track day July 19th here coming up with the new wheels and tires so we will see....still mpg is 23 mpg/sport mode...
Will miss my 1/4 chance on the 12th due to work conflict. May try to sneak down in September. Till then I'm working up the courage to start taking things apart to install the lights and siren. We had a practical SAR call out last week and the lights would be useful if future searches go into the night.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Will miss my 1/4 chance on the 12th due to work conflict. May try to sneak down in September. Till then I'm working up the courage to start taking things apart to install the lights and siren. We had a practical SAR call out last week and the lights would be useful if future searches go into the night.
10/4

OP
OP
Sarge104

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Do you have any photos on where you mounted it? I’m getting my truck done soon and wanna give them an idea for the speaker
I need to run wiring tonight for the flashers and siren, will throw some pictures up tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
Sarge104

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I need to run wiring tonight for the flashers and siren, will throw some pictures up tomorrow morning.
My apologies, the wife and I got caught up running around town and didn't get back home till after dark. Will try for tonight for the pictures.

OP
OP
Sarge104

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Jrye22
Minor update,
Sorry for the picture delay, I've been busy with family and work.

Fortunately I've been too busy to get wiring done since the leader of our SAR unit asked if my transmitter was available for next weeks County Fair. We do First Aid and security at the fairgrounds and our transmitter for the 8 oam PA speaker got fried. Get to go up and do a quick test after work tonight and see what output I can get. Considering its connecting to a 100watt siren I'm hoping for some good boom for the juice we put into it. :D

KIMG0697.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sarge104

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Episode 2 Season 5 Drama!

I've gotten several comments and people like taking pictures of the roll up with the Ford emblem so it was surprising to see the emblem itself starting to not just peel off but disintegrate after only a few months after install. I spoke to the dealership and they asked that I contact Ford directly, which I've done and will probably receive the local regional manager call here next week.

I understand this is a truck and I can put up with the door dings, hammer blows(thanks honey!), and usage wear that comes with actually using the vehicle for its intended purpose, getting the job done and look good doing it. What I cannot stand is paying good money for a product that despite being "officially licensed" is cheaply made/branded.

The operational capacity of the cover is not compromised and my fight is going to be not just getting a millimeter thin decal that will disintegrate in another couple of months but a decal that will portray the image the company represents, quality. Stay tuned for further titillating developments...;)

KIMG0695~2.JPG

OP
OP
Sarge104

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update on the rear cover, talked to Ford Motor Co and they told me the only way to fix the issue is to replace the entire cover. Spoke to my dealership and they are filing paperwork finally to get it replaced. Will update more if and when the fix happens.

Couple pictures from usage, first is a little over 3k in weight combining water and mower. Had way too much tongue weight on the way out but could not help it much with the way the trailer items sat. No issues going down the road and backing trailer up hill into the yard to offload.

Second picture is from my parking fun at the County Fairgrounds. Funny side-note, you should always check where you are backing into, especially if there is a culvert protruding through the hill. Another driver decided they would do the same, and ended up ripping off their tail pipe due to lower clearance...hehe!

KIMG0698.JPG

KIMG0725.JPG
Sponsored