Said Goodbye to the Ranger

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Don't sell the Ranger. But still buy a motorcycle! That's my plan. Neither a Fusion or a bike can fill the void, just getting the new bike!
im actually testing for my endorsement end of april and will actually be buying one no matter what haha. Was looking at the mt03 or rebel500.
Sponsored

OP
OP
21VBRanger

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Think you missed why I traded. Purchase price was not the issue. I understood the truck would not get 25mpg on the highway with the lift, my reasonable expectation was it would still get 20. 16mg is not reasonable along with the vibration that we were getting. this car is awd and will become my step sons car in 10 years. It makes sense to us to save the extra money until the next Ranger is released. We will not be buying a modified one next time. Lesson learned.

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
You modifiied the truck so yeah you'd get some weird issues.. why i leave my truck alone at stock. Good luck with the Fusion! I had 2010 sport v6 3.5L - that thing was a blast to drive - i sold it to a friend and it's still running strong at 150k miles.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Think you missed why I traded. Purchase price was not the issue. I understood the truck would not get 25mpg on the highway with the lift, my reasonable expectation was it would still get 20. 16mg is not reasonable along with the vibration that we were getting. this car is awd and will become my step sons car in 10 years. It makes sense to us to save the extra money until the next Ranger is released. We will not be buying a modified one next time. Lesson learned.
You should take a serious look at the Maverick then. I looked at one up close and if I didn’t love my Ranger as much as I do I definitely would be driving one of those. The mileage is kick ass as well.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Here are the two together.

20222.jpeg
Love that color. It was one of the colors I wanted when I bought my Ranger. Unfortunately when I bought my Ranger my sales person told me you can pick any color you want as long as it's black because my Ranger was the last Ranger on the lot lol..

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I ha e a truck. The ford Ranger 4x2 xlt stock. I get 16 to 18 mpg. Lately because of gas, i have been driving miss daisy. Now i get 22mpg in town. I try like the devil to keep it under 2grand on the tach.
If my grand marquis drove like my truck id be upset. If my wifes mazda 3 drove like the truck id be upset. The marquis was an awesome smooth ride. 90mph it just glided.
My ranger drives like a truck. Unlike my old truck,f250 1980, i dont get whiplash on speed bumps and the sound of a construction site falling apart. For a ranger its damn economical, smooth quiet, and technology advanced!
Well taking my steel toe boots off trading for converse and driving to the store in the mazda 3.
Hope the next gen pickup truck meets your needs.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Best of luck in your new ride, I hope it gets to your stepson in great shape and the new Ranger will fit the bill for you down the road.
1f37b.png

Funny comments. I traded my 2013 Fusion hybrid for my 2020 Ranger. I do miss the 40+ MPG of the Fusion and it was a fun car to drive and very comfortable. l don't miss the getting in and out of the Fusion. You get down in and up and out. I am getting older and my Ranger is perfect to get in and out of.
I had a Chev Volt before this and felt the same. I had a Fusion platinum for a couple days as a rental and It was some hybrid thing but wow it was a nice car. fast and comfortable, but low.

onemanlan

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger LTX
Occupation
Reseracher
At least ya got to keep the same color. Sounds like you have a plan that will make you happy. Hope it shakes out the way ya want. Very nice looking car. What engine does it have in it?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
if my Dad bought a car and told me it would be mine in ten years, i would be like "bitch? that car be old and rusted out by then, out of style and in need of constant repairs. you want me to live with you forever? or do you want me to have some hottie by my side and getting our own place? Aint happening with a ten year old hand me down"
He'd like you to move the hottie home and keep the 1998 Daewoo. If you can score a babe with a car like that, you'll get another.

daewoo-matiz_532_1.jpg
Sponsored