Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX
Same 2/7 production date. I was told mine was checked and did not have the issue that they were checking on. Went in the body shop on Thursday and back out on Friday which I believe is the standard operation for the spray in bed liner. Status is still in production, but at least it moved last week. The dealers status history gives them more details than what we can see in our status checker.
Thanks for the info! Some movement is better than none! The status checker is really useless! Still shows estimated delivery date of 2/19! I think there have been many production issues & Ford is being very careful with this launch! I live in Mi close to the plant & I have only seen 2 rangers on the road! And this is Ford's backyard!
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Dealer says build date 4/22 and I have a VIN #. Where and when can I see a window sticker?

Last edited:

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
There is no greater wrath than that of an impatient 2019 Ford Ranger order customer. My truck was built 2/11 and has remained ā€œIn Productionā€, ever since. I have seen two estimated delivery dates come and gone. I have unrelentingly hounded the dealership for information. I thought it was the spray in bed liner. I was initially told it was the lack of rail cars. Finally today, I was provided a copy of internal email stating my truck was as waiting on a steering wheel! There you have it, Ford canā€™t get the parts it needs to fill orders. Case solved.

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
There is no greater wrath than that of an impatient 2019 Ford Ranger order customer. My truck was built 2/11 and has remained ā€œIn Productionā€, ever since. I have seen two estimated delivery dates come and gone. I have unrelentingly hounded the dealership for information. I thought it was the spray in bed liner. I was initially told it was the lack of rail cars. Finally today, I was provided a copy of internal email stating my truck was as waiting on a steering wheel! There you have it, Ford canā€™t get the parts it needs to fill orders. Case solved.
If it was waiting on a steering wheel, was it actually built on 2/11? Seems like the truck wasn't built if it was missing parts.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Mind posting a copy of that email? You can redact info or I can do it if you PM me.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
That is no good, I feel for you. XL, XLT, or Lariat?

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Could have been built when they said, but when it got to the end of assembly and some functional checks were done, there could have been something not working tied to the steering wheel so it got flagged for a replacement. Just a guess on my part.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
AARRRGGGGG!!!

Ordered on 11/27/18, when I finally got my VIN and dates showed up on the tracking site, the estimated delivery date was April 7th.

The original production date was listed as March 11, but several days prior to that - meaning they started earlier than originally posted - the web site indicated "In Production"!!! I was a happy camper!

Then yesterday, figuring it might be possible that the delivery date might also be improved, I check the web site again.... WRONG!!!

They've slipped the estimated delivery from April 7 to April 14!!! WHAT GIVES???
my blend date is the same. and my delivery eta also went from the 7th, 14th and now the 7th. I know mine has been built in the past few days as my fordpass is waiting activation.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
IT'S ALIVE!

My Ford Pass App just got the "activate this vehicle..." message. Tracker still shows "In Production", but we all know the tracker only updates once per day around 7:00 PM CDT.
Still shows "In Production" tonight, but the counter has changed to 24 days/still April 7 delivery date. so, that's 2 days for spray-in bed liner so far. Hopefully it gets past that soon. Maybe I'll get lucky and mine will be on a truck along with other Rangers that were backed up with all the bed liner/rail car shortage/steering wheel/quality hold mess.

rangersam

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram 1500 sold
My truck is at dealer.ordered12-31-18,ROVP approved 1-2-19,in production 2-18-19,awaiting shipment 2-27-19,arrived at dealer 3-13-19.Tracker says arriving at dealer in 2 days.Will pick it up tomorrow 3-14-19:)

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
So here is my info, says it's in production on the tracker.

Vehicle Details
Ordered On 12/18/2018
Order Number Q218
VIN 1FTER4FH4KLA24030
Estimated Delivery 3/31/2019

Bob Larimore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue Lariat Ranger
Occupation
USMC Retired, Ford Transporter driver.
Vehicle Showcase
Received confirmation on the Blue Oval forums(sources that work at Michigan Auto Plant (MAP, Ranger plant)) that the Ranger production is not being held up by a lack of steering wheels from striking workers in Mexico, Mustangs and Explorers yes, but not the Ranger, however if the Ranger is put together and fails final inspection then it will be put on quality hold awaiting installation of a replacement component and that could take awhile. Also final assembly daily numbers is producing more than the off site bed liner place can keep up with so that is still a log jam for those of us that have that option. The trains going to the East coast are apparently more consistent then those traveling west of the Mississippi, not because of the operators, but a lack of car carrying rail cars, keep in mind all the different manufactures, pick up, and all the different locations for drop off (CSX alone has 28 auto rail drop off distribution depots east of the Mississippi). For the life of me I don't know how in the hell they keep track of which stop to drop off the cars for that location/distribution point. The last step of course is for a truck to load up and carry the vehicles to a dealership and the trucks carry a lot less then the trains. So many logistical sticking points it is amazing that the whole system actually works, we just don't see it that way as we await our trucks. Another reason why there is such a demand for CDL truck drivers!! One more thing, F150 sales are already around 70,000 while Ranger sales are around 6,000 for 2019 so the Ranger is far from a priority for top level brass. Well at least we do not have to write a check or make a payment until it actually arrives!! Hmmmm well one last thought, that A.O. Cortez congresswoman from New York can take her green new deal and take a long walk off a short cliff, I for one like driving and I like all the stuff, food and such, that is delivered by ships, trains, trucks, etc. etc.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase