Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
What information is different? I might be able to clear the differences up.
Greetings sir,
Allow me to provide some background information on the 2020 SuperCab I've on order.
The actual order was placed on August 20, I contacted the dealer on Oct. 28 inquiring about it's status, to my joy I was told that a VIN was assigned to the build with an anticipated build date of Monday, Nov. 25. At that time the build information was not available on Ford's vehicle tracking website and only available to the dealer from Ford's vehicle visible database. From Oct. 28 to just recently the tracking website simply stated that my order was still being processed.

As of this AM, the tracking website provided the following updated information:

"Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page."

This updated information, while welcome still does not provide an anticipated build date like the vehicle visibility site states. It also appears to be generic as well, we all know that Rangers bound for US consumption are assembled at Ford's Michigan Plant in Wayne, MI. The window sticker is not yet available, additionally the site appears to be "buggy".

All in all, Ford's vehicle tracking website lacks credibility.
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Good Times!

On the Ford tracking website the status for my vehicle as changed to In Production. :clap: The website says I can view the window sticker but when I click on the link, it says the window sticker has not been released. :(

VIN number 1FTER4EH5LLA04100

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Good Times!

On the Ford tracking website the status for my vehicle as changed to In Production. :clap: The website says I can view the window sticker but when I click on the link, it says the window sticker has not been released. :(

When it goes to in production, I believe that means it has been released to the factory, not actually being produced. I will bet that the window sticker will appear in the next 4-5 days.

Do you know what your blend date is?

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL
Good Times!

Awesome!

Just checked and mine says in production also.

Reactions: Doc

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Do you know what your blend date is?[/QUOTE]

My salesperson said in an email that it was scheduled for 11/27.

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL
My salesperson said in an email that it was scheduled for 11/27.[/QUOTE]

I was told my build date is supposed to be 11/27 also but that is all the info that I got.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My salesperson said in an email that it was scheduled for 11/27.[/QUOTE]

I would bet your window sticker will show up in the next few days.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Will be interesting to see who gets the first 2020 here. Is it possible to see one that’s produced this week as next week or following? I’m guessing there’s more logistics getting them set up to be transferred.

And no it certainly won’t be us. We haven’t gotten info on anything on ours yet.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Will be interesting to see who gets the first 2020 here.
It will be interesting...
Of the four on "rangerdanger's" list scheduled for late November, "Mokume's" is to be delivered in Hawaii and so probably will not be first. "Mantis" is in North Carolina and "rdgallo" is in Illinois and I would bet one of them will get their vehicle before mine is delivered way out in Northern California. Besides, I will have a couple day delay for the spray-in bed liner.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
It will be interesting...
Of the four on "rangerdanger's" list scheduled for late November, "Mokume's" is to be delivered in Hawaii and so probably will not be first. "Mantis" is in North Carolina and "rdgallo" is in Illinois and I would bet one of them will get their vehicle before mine is delivered way out in Northern California. Besides, I will have a couple day delay for the spray-in bed liner.
Indeed, I know that I will be the last of the member's you listed to take delivery of my 2020, but it's of little consequence.
At the very least, my build's window sticker has finally been released, most definitely a positive step in the whole process.

Attachments

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Indeed, I know that I will be the last of the member's you listed to take delivery of my 2020, but it's of little consequence.
At the very least, my build's window sticker has finally been released, most definitely a positive step in the whole process.
I hope you don't think I was picking on you. It is all in fun to see which of us receives their vehicle first.

It is great you have the window sticker now; for sure a positive step. I noticed that the Supercab does not have the government 5-star safety rating. I guess the Supercab has not been submitted for testing yet.
Sponsored