Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
So while perusing the Auto Nation website I came across a listing for a 2020 SuperCrew for sale, VIN 1FTER4EA1LLA00917.
Supposedly the truck is en route to Ford Marietta, Atlanta GA. When I queried a rep at Auto Nation, all he could tell me is that the truck is "on it's way", logic dictates that the vehicle actually exists, he had no answer to that simple question.
Evidently, Ford has already issued VIN's for model year 2020 Rangers, concur?
Have any members who already have a '20 Ranger on order been issued their VIN's ?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
So while perusing the Auto Nation website I came across a listing for a 2020 SuperCrew for sale, VIN 1FTER4EA1LLA00917.
Supposedly the truck is en route to Ford Marietta, Atlanta GA. When I queried a rep at Auto Nation, all he could tell me is that the truck is "on it's way", logic dictates that the vehicle actually exists, he had no answer to that simple question.
Evidently, Ford has already issued VIN's for model year 2020 Rangers, concur?
Have any members who already have a '20 Ranger on order been issued their VIN's ?
2020 Rangers already have VIN's. The VIN you posted is invalid. Can you link to the listing you got it from?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
2020 Rangers already have VIN's. The VIN you posted is invalid. Can you link to the listing you got it from?
The VIN was read to me by the AutoNation rep., I had him repeat it back to me for verification, I don't doubt at all that it is a bogus number.
Am I correct in assuming that the 2020 VIN's that have already been assigned are all dealer stock units?
Wondering when retail orders will be handled, I've had a '20 SuperCab on order since August 20 th.
When I placed the order the salesperson stated that Ford "held off" on producing SuperCabs early in the 2019 production run, presumably because the SuperCrews were better "cash cows".
Not impatient here, just curious

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The VIN was read to me by the AutoNation rep., I had him repeat it back to me for verification, I don't doubt at all that it is a bogus number.
Am I correct in assuming that the 2020 VIN's that have already been assigned are all dealer stock units?
Wondering when retail orders will be handled, I've had a '20 SuperCab on order since August 20 th.
When I placed the order the salesperson stated that Ford "held off" on producing SuperCabs early in the 2019 production run, presumably because the SuperCrews were better "cash cows".
Not impatient here, just curious
Ford did give Crew builds precedence over the Supercab models. Could be a money thing or simplifying the build process while launching a brand new vehicle from the ground up. Or a little of both. Ford did the same thing when the aluminum F150 was launched.

2020 retail orders are receiving VIN's, not just stock units,

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
PM me the name if you want maybe I can find out more. They've been very accommodating to me (I'm driving one of their loaner 4x4 escapes until my truck gets here) but they are still car salesman. I'm also interested in how some guys ordered trucks around the same time as me but have much earlier build dates? I was originally told my order would bump a stock order and thus be here by now. Either that's not possible or they didn't do that. The order/build dates found here seem to suggest it's possible so I have a beef with them if it is. They have a loaner Edge ST that could ease my pain a bit ;).

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
My local dealer said the 2020 order banks weren't open yet when I was in there Friday test driving an Fx4. Sounds like I need to find a new dealer

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My local dealer said the 2020 order banks weren't open yet when I was in there Friday test driving an Fx4. Sounds like I need to find a new dealer
You sure do. It opened up over 2 months ago.

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Being unaware FX2 was going to be a thing also disconcerting and a bad omen. :eek:
It could just be an uninformed salesman. But shop other dealerships to be sure.

ChuckT

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Building Manager
Track your Ranger here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Sorted by order date. Updated 10/21/2019 @ 1:30 pm PST.

Baby blue rows indicate that member has received their Ranger.

View attachment 21595
Track your Ranger here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Sorted by order date. Updated 10/21/2019 @ 1:30 pm PST.

Baby blue rows indicate that member has received their Ranger.

View attachment 21595
I just received a call from my dealer indicating that Ford just pulled my 2020 Ranger order. Anticipated delivery is first or second week in December. The dealer has not indicated a VIN has been assigned. I placed the order on 23 September for a 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab and FX4 package. Chose my favorite color Race Red.

Timing is excellent as my lease turn-in for my current 2017 Ford F150 is 14 December. As my wife was saying, you are going to get really excited. Yep!

ChuckT

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
Hello everyone. I just ordered a 2020 Ranger supercab xlt color white with 302 package and fx4 package as well. Salesman hasn't contacted me with a build date yet, anxiously waiting.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hello everyone. I just ordered a 2020 Ranger supercab xlt color white with 302 package and fx4 package as well. Salesman hasn't contacted me with a build date yet, anxiously waiting.
I also special ordered a 2020 SuperCab back on August 20, the order was posted to Ford's ordering database on August 23.
Just received a VIN for the vehicle last week, it's current status is "in order processing" according to Ford's tracking website. The truck has not been assigned a estimated production date yet.
It is my understanding that Ford produces dealer stock vehicles before retail orders, entirely logical because dealers will need vehicles for display and sales purposes.
I also understand the Ford gives production priority to 'Crews rather than 'Cabs, another logical point because 'Crews are more in demand and command a higher profit.
Keep us posted as to when you receive your VIN, I hope it's faster than what I experienced.

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I am have vacation planned for Christmas week in Charleston SC and was hoping to take the Ranger but from what I have been hearing on here that is not going to happen

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just received a call from my dealer indicating that Ford just pulled my 2020 Ranger order. Anticipated delivery is first or second week in December. The dealer has not indicated a VIN has been assigned. I placed the order on 23 September for a 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab and FX4 package. Chose my favorite color Race Red.

Timing is excellent as my lease turn-in for my current 2017 Ford F150 is 14 December. As my wife was saying, you are going to get really excited. Yep!

ChuckT
Excited for you sir, but what do you mean in saying "Ford just pulled my 2020 Ranger order"? If a VIN has not yet been assigned to your order how is it possible for an anticipated delivery date of the first or second week of December?
It is my understanding that Ford assigns a VIN to the order then schedules an estimated build date, in that order. I'd query my dealer or whoever told you of your anticipated delivery date
Sponsored