First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
ITS ALIVE! Thank you so much for the help! I always get nervous doing electrical things but this was way easier than i was building it up to be in my mind.

20201005_114147.jpg
John ,how are the bumper slot led's ? Are they worth doing? Thanks Bret

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
John ,how are the bumper slot led's ? Are they worth doing? Thanks Bret
I think so. The kit is relatively cheap and comes with everything you need. I like the "stealth" look of this kit how it sits inside the bumper slots. I just finished the install this morning so I havent seen it at night yet to see how bright they are. I do very mild offroading to get to camp sites maybe once or twice a month so I wanted a set like this for extra light when i need it while retaining the factory look. The install is extremely easy but does require minor trimming of 2 plastic pieces on the bumper.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
ITS ALIVE! Thank you so much for the help! I always get nervous doing electrical things but this was way easier than i was building it up to be in my mind.

20201005_114147.jpg
No problem.

Did you use the positive switch method?

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
No problem.

Did you use the positive switch method?
Yup! Works like a charm too. Can turn on all the lights with the stock fog light switch and its wired through the battery so no power concerns at all.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup! Works like a charm too. Can turn on all the lights with the stock fog light switch and its wired through the battery so no power concerns at all.
Thought I'd let you know that there is a way to power on and off those extra lights separately from the OEM fog light switch.

All you need to do is change out the relay to one that has Bluetooth. No need to do anything with the wiring.

https://triggercontroller.com/trigger-one-bluetooth-relay/

I have some on the way.

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Thought I'd let you know that there is a way to power on and off those extra lights separately from the OEM fog light switch.

All you need to do is change out the relay to one that has Bluetooth. No need to do anything with the wiring.

https://triggercontroller.com/trigger-one-bluetooth-relay/

I have some on the way.

Wow, this is a really interesting way to do it as well. Curious to see how it works for you and looking forward to your thoughts.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added some more lights. ?

The Ditch lights has its own wiring harness and relay. The other 4 near the license plate is hooked up to a heavy duty wiring harness and relay. This way I can add four pods to one wiring harness.

All relays are controlled by the OEM fog light switch using the positive trigger method. I press the button, all lights turn on. But once I get the Bluetooth relays, I'll be able to turn on/off the ditch lights and the 4 near the license plate independently.

PXL_20201018_180342759.jpg

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I added some more lights. ?

The Ditch lights has its own wiring harness and relay. The other 4 near the license plate is hooked up to a heavy duty wiring harness and relay. This way I can add four pods to one wiring harness.

All relays are controlled by the OEM fog light switch using the positive trigger method. I press the button, all lights turn on. But once I get the Bluetooth relays, I'll be able to turn on/off the ditch lights and the 4 near the license plate independently.

PXL_20201018_180342759.jpg
This was my plan for some lights down there too. Curious to see your results when you get the relays.

How did you mount the ones in the lower grill?

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if this helps, as mine is a little different, mine is just rigged so it can only function when the vehicle has power. My switchbox is internally fused.

FUSE-WIRING.jpg
Since there's one relay, it will not work in my setup. I want Bluetooth control. Why? Well, I really don't want to bring wires into the cab. That means more switches. I like to keep my dash free from adding them. I know each method has pros and cons. But that's what I prefer.
Sponsored