OP
OP
ylwjacket

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
I like the look and location. Go ahead and buy them so you can give us a nice review.?
The buying part is the easy part, I think.

I have the trailer brake controller to install as well, so I am thinking that I might need a set of auxiliary switches to put above the USB slots or something to keep everything tidy.

Is there a firewall grommet in this truck to run switch cables through?

OP
OP
ylwjacket

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
This looks great if no adaptive cruise.
I have cruise, but I am pretty sure it's not adaptive. I looked, and didn't see a module. I will look again, and maybe I'll take the plunge since these are cheap.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
The buying part is the easy part, I think.

I have the trailer brake controller to install as well, so I am thinking that I might need a set of auxiliary switches to put above the USB slots or something to keep everything tidy.

Is there a firewall grommet in this truck to run switch cables through?
I will let someone who doesn’t have the ability to take wire and a power source and burn something to the ground answer the firewall grommet question. But, I do like the idea and concept of them.

OP
OP
ylwjacket

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
I like the look of these, and they're pretty cheap. Think I'll jump in. Hopefully, after yelling enough swear words, and bleeding from 100 small cuts on my hands and arms, it'll work.

Probably be a few weeks before I can get to the install, but I'll try to supplement the instructions as needed and post it.

I think that, whilst I'm doing it, I may get the 20 inch bar for the big hole in the grill also. I'm not as enthused on that one, but might as well as long as have the whole front end off of it.

As soon as I figure out the relay box thing, I'll order it all.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
ylwjacket

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Chickened out - looks like too much work. I went the easy way - light bar for the giant opening in the front, and pillar ditch lights. Also bought an auxbeam switch system.

doznkoz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4, 2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I had the Rough Country 6" slimline installed into the bumper slots last week (upfitter connection). It's true, they had to remove bumper in order to do it. Would have liked to have had the 20" installed also but ACC in the way. I will say that the lights are super bright and am very pleased with them. I had an auto accessories shop do it. More then I wanted to tackle myself. Labor is the high dollar cost. It ran me a total cost of approx. $450 to have it done. I'll get a photo or two later this evening when I get back home from work.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Im skeptical on how bright little 6 inch bars can be. I guess I have seen too many cheap knock offs that dont throw light at all. Can you get us some night time shots?

OP
OP
ylwjacket

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
I really like the look of it but I can't afford to pay that much to get it done.

I've only had the truck 6 weeks, and it's a financial sink hole.

My last car was a Jeep, and I spent 3 or 4 years thinking about the things I would like to do. With the truck, I just decided to go ahead and do it all up front, but it has stung a bit.

I had the Rough Country 6" slimline installed into the bumper slots last week (upfitter connection). It's true, they had to remove bumper in order to do it. Would have liked to have had the 20" installed also but ACC in the way. I will say that the lights are super bright and am very pleased with them. I had an auto accessories shop do it. More then I wanted to tackle myself. Labor is the high dollar cost. It ran me a total cost of approx. $450 to have it done. I'll get a photo or two later this evening when I get back home from work.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I really like the look of it but I can't afford to pay that much to get it done.

I've only had the truck 6 weeks, and it's a financial sink hole.

My last car was a Jeep, and I spent 3 or 4 years thinking about the things I would like to do. With the truck, I just decided to go ahead and do it all up front, but it has stung a bit.
I’ve been spreading out the financial pain as I also invest in home improvement projects over time. Wallet bleeds!
Sponsored