• Banned
Last edited:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Sorry, gotta call bullshit on the hyper guy in the video. He evidently knows enough about tires to be dangerous.

I do agree with him in that I don't pay anyone to rotate tires. I drag out my floor jack, put some tunes on, maybe a beer depending on time of day, and away we go. And I generally get very high mileage out of a set of tires.

OP
OP

SID

Banned
Banned
First Name
SID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RANGER
Occupation
BOOKEEPER
  • Banned
Sorry, gotta call bullshit on the hyper guy in the video. He evidently knows enough about tires to be dangerous.

I do agree with him in that I don't pay anyone to rotate tires. I drag out my floor jack, put some tunes on, maybe a beer depending on time of day, and away we go. And I generally get very high mileage out of a set of tires.
I FIND HYPER GUY A LITTLE ANNOYING, WELL, A LOT ACTUALLY. I ALSO DO IT MYSELF AND OIL CHANGES, 5W30 SYNTHETIC EVERY 6,000 MILES WHICH IS 10,000KMS UP HERE IN TAX LAND

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
Scotty Kilmer is not the best source of reliable info.

That being said I rotate every 15,000 miles since the ranger and my truck before ran same psi in front and rear tires.

Bad Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Well, I rotate the 35" tires on my Jeep religiously. If I drove a RWD car with average street tires I would not be too concerned. Even my old pickup was not as hard on tires as the jeep is.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Ranger: Oil change & Rotate the tires every 6,000mi with the Quick Lane Works Package
Mariner: Oil change every 3,000 mi, Rotate Tires every 6,000mi; QLWP.

I have Ford Visa credit card which has a fairly generous points system for Ford stuff. I always accumulate enough points to cover the above service on both vehicles at no cost.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
I service my brakes twice a year. Sometimes I pay someone to do it, but if I know it's being done correctly I do it myself. Sometimes I rotate my tires while I'm at it, sometimes I don't. But when I'm paying for a brake service, any good mechanic won't charge more to rotate them....he's already got them off.
Service your brakes once in a while like you're supposed to and you're killing two birds with one stone.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I service my brakes twice a year. Sometimes I pay someone to do it, but if I know it's being done correctly I do it myself. Sometimes I rotate my tires while I'm at it, sometimes I don't. But when I'm paying for a brake service, any good mechanic won't charge more to rotate them....he's already got them off.
Service your brakes once in a while like you're supposed to and you're killing two birds with one stone.
What the hell do you do that you have to service brakes twice a year? You know you are supposed to take your foot off the pedal?
I only service brakes when they stop working and don't tires rotate while your driving?
All this maintenance talk is exhausting, going back to bed now.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
What the hell do you do that you have to service brakes twice a year? You know you are supposed to take your foot off the pedal?
I only service brakes when they stop working and don't tires rotate while your driving?
All this maintenance talk is exhausting, going back to bed now.
Gotta agree with KJ....
The tires/wheels self rotate every time you drive !!!
And, no need to check your brakes if you don't use em !!!
Instead of using brakes, just coast to where your gonna stop, and throw the tranny into reverse !!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.