Removing Tremor Grille Trim

Zims4x4

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Forged Green
Anything but that red… what color is your ranger?

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I assume the red nostrils are plastic? Thinking of options for my soon to be here Tremor. Would love to paint those but if plastic probably not a good idea.

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
I assume the red nostrils are plastic? Thinking of options for my soon to be here Tremor. Would love to paint those but if plastic probably not a good idea.
Nothing wrong with painting plastic. They're probably only painted red now from the factory. We paint plastic interior and exterior parts all the time on all vehicle lines.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I just checked with Levittown Ford and those red nostrils are not available separate. You have to order the whole grille. :thumbsdown: I would like those for my grille but the same blue as the tow hooks I got. Nope that isn't going to happen.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Nothing wrong with painting plastic. They're probably only painted red now from the factory. We paint plastic interior and exterior parts all the time on all vehicle lines.
Good to know.

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Prius - Purchasing a 2022 Ranger
My experience with rattle cans is extensive. I do not own a single firearm that is factory colored that I know of, including both metal and polymer parts.

Unfortunately, painting these nostrils proved very problematic. It’s almost like the plastic itself is oily and soft. Sanding enough to remove the smooth red left marks. Even with sanding and prep, paint did not adhere well enough for me to trust it. I’m taking them to get wrapped with 3M on Monday.

That was my experience. Yours may be different.

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Prius - Purchasing a 2022 Ranger
I just checked with Levittown Ford and those red nostrils are not available separate. You have to order the whole grille. :thumbsdown: I would like those for my grille but the same blue as the tow hooks I got. Nope that isn't going to happen.
I keep hoping to find someone who has rendered them into 3D file for printing, but no joy. Would be great to print in whatever color we want.

mjonzy20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT FX2
I keep hoping to find someone who has rendered them into 3D file for printing, but no joy. Would be great to print in whatever color we want.
^^^This right here......really wish I had a 3d scanner and access to a grille to scan.

mjonzy20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT FX2
Unfortunately, they are part of the grille so you have to buy the Tremor grille.

This is where I bought my grille:
https://www.blueovalindustries.com/...dDC7n90tyQfM5vOlPSVK1OyUHER_qDPMhIb0nhGIbC-Tc

It was the best price at the time and included free shipping.
The cool thing about our grilles is that they are somewhat modular. I swapped over all my Lariat chrome so I have a chrome grille with the Tremor red nostrils. You can mix-and-match as you like once you get the Tremor grille as the 'base'
Nostril (1).jpeg
Nostril (2).jpeg
Mix and match you say? Think it's relatively easy to add the FORD letters to the XLT honeycomb grille?

s-l1600.jpg

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
Only one way to find out!
Sponsored