Remote Transmission Dip Stick Aftermarket Support?

Would you get in line to buy one?

• Total voters

TomSim

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
I'm guessing this could be a long process and go slow so as to not overfill? All the time with the engine running...
120,000 Miles, any issues?? Did you change tranny and diff fluids?
Sponsored

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Silicone sleeve fitted to the taper?:

1000001278.jpg
This a sealing suggestion instead of O rings correct? That would work, but Msfitoy already did the hard part of designing the perfect fitting funnel for the MBS dipstick.

I just have to see what it will take to get them made in a large quantity!! That would be China unfortunately, the US quotes were so expensive $117 each for a batch of 50:angry:

HeatXfer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired Pipefitter & commercial HVACR Tech
This a sealing suggestion instead of O rings correct? That would work, but Msfitoy already did the hard part of designing the perfect fitting funnel for the MBS dipstick.

I just have to see what it will take to get them made in a large quantity!! That would be China unfortunately, the US quotes were so expensive $117 each for a batch of 50:angry:
Yes. Just a suggestion. From experience, O-ring alignment can be a bit troublesome if the receiving component is not chamfered or a bit wider at the opening. A sleeve on the funnel taper would ease insertion because the dipstick tube itself has parallel sides. The recess in my very poor drawing would probably not necessary is the surface of the funnel were textured a bit.

I wish 3D printing was available when I was working in the field, component customizations are unlimited!

As far as the price goes, if that's what it takes for production, then so be it. :handshake:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes. Just a suggestion. From experience, O-ring alignment can be a bit troublesome if the receiving component is not chamfered or a bit wider at the opening.

Last edited:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Guess I goofed up the post response,

The fitting has a large chamfer for the dipstick seal, I will set the O ring squish pretty light as there is will be no pressure on it.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
120,000 Miles, any issues?? Did you change tranny and diff fluids?

I was too lazy to change the fluid so I changed the tranny instead... 😜

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I might normally believe that.... but as frail as these transmissions are... I bet it scattered before you got the chance:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

TomSim

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
well, lets face it, they all go bust anyway so.....call me crazy, cause i am, I'm going to do a test and keep you all informed, i'm not going to change any of my fluids except oil and filter of course, just to see what if anything will go wrong and trust me, something will go wrong and the minute it does, I'll trade it in on something else, without telling the new car salesman that the tranny or diff or transfer are all pucked....believe it or not, if you detail the living puck out of your vehicle when trading it in, everyone at the dealership goes gaga over it and they don't even take it for a test drive. What if you can't drive it into the dealership you might ask? i'll tow it and drop it there in the middle of the night ahahhaahaha. I hope you all get a chuckle out of this post and not take all of the above too serious :)

Last edited:

Ironman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT, 2017 Jeep, 1969 Plymouth R R
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Hello Mike, I'm a new member on here and just got done reading the 153 pages on the Fritz Stick and with all the info and quality work you have put in to this needed part for our trucks I would like to be put on your list for the Fritz Stick.

Thank you for stepping up with a awesome product...Bill

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Mike, I'm a new member on here and just got done reading the 153 pages on the Fritz Stick and with all the info and quality work you have put in to this needed part for our trucks I would like to be put on your list for the Fritz Stick.

Thank you for stepping up with a awesome product...Bill
You deserve a metal for reading all 153 pages...😆

HeatXfer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired Pipefitter & commercial HVACR Tech
I'll be changing my trans fluid & filter in the next couple of weeks @34k miles and I know it'll be well beyond that before I'm able to officially order the FitzStick (I'm probably around #245), but I believe it's worth the wait. Mike's obsessive attention to detail on this product speaks for itself.
Sponsored