Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
In the
Open
Air

Jeep.
I can totally see that happening. Karens are everywhere and multiplying it seems. The Tesla Dig Mode puts a notice on the display showing the internal temperature and that the AC is running. I was thinking of making a sign saying that the AC is on and my phone number.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Lardener

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
As a result, while not every jurisdiction has a specific law against leaving a vehicle running while unattended, many do, and the number is growing.
I've heard three justifications for the "don't leave your car running" laws. The first is that some people think that if the car is running then it's not "parked" so they can leave it where it would not me legal to park, like in the fire lane. Second is that usually a car left running is usually also unlocked and the police are busy enough without making the thieves job easier. The third is that an idling car emits pollution for no benefit, usually when the engine is cold which is worse. The first one wouldn't apply to an auto start scenario, but I wonder what the law say in the other two. I can't imagine the auto makers' lawyers didn't weigh in on that.

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
We had a guy here with a jeep.
Jeep was had a cloth top on like a bikini top.
The sides were made from a net.

He stopped to eat in McDonalds (dinner / late afternoon) and left two dogs in the OPEN AIR JEEP with temps in the roaring 80's and breezy.

Lady goes into McDonalds and starts yelling about the dogs in the jeep. He assures her they are OK, so she facebooks live to the neighborhood forum herself snagging a fire extinguisher from McD's and then BASHING the WINDSHIELD to save the dogs from suffocating....
In the
Open
Air

Jeep.

Patrons from McD's ran her off and she called the cops. I think she was held accountable but the story goes fuzzy there.

Regardless of how it played out in the end, there are self entitled lunatics out there looking for their moment of Social Justice Heroism. Don't be the reason they ignorantly Facebook Live the destruction of your truck.
good for her, I'll be the voice of an animal anyday

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I used to know a guy who trained guard dogs. Those dogs scared the crap out of me. He would leave is truck running with one of the dogs in there, pretty much daring anyone to take it. I heard someone tried once. Once.
Back in the 80's-90's, there was a small auto repair shop that had a sign on the front door--"WARNING !!! Trained attack dogs on duty 3 nights a week."

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
good for her, I'll be the voice of an animal anyday
Except they weren't in danger.
Because temps were cool and breezy and the Jeep was open all the way around with a net so they wouldn't get out.

Edit to add - Ah. I see you are in Canada. It was 26.66 degrees outside.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I used to know a guy who trained guard dogs. Those dogs scared the crap out of me. He would leave is truck running with one of the dogs in there, pretty much daring anyone to take it. I heard someone tried once. Once.
My dogs are lovers. But they're big, and loud. Anybody valuing their health would not try them.

That being said they don't ride in the cab of my Ranger. They ride in the bed.

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
There's a setting in the car where you can pick 5, 10, 15 minutes. In the app can I set, say, an hour?
I actually tried that yesteray... the app maxes out at 30 minutes.
Sponsored