Redarc Tow Pro Issue (Ford Authorized version w/ Lumen Module)

chicagoslick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger and 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Quality Engineer
Hello Fellow Ranger Owners,

I recently installed the Redarc Tow Pro Elite with Lumen Module and when initially testing all seamed to be working as expected. Additionally, all 3 lights worked as expected when pressing the brake pedal. This was with no trailer waiting on the calibration period to complete. Somewhere along my test driving I noticed that my center mount high / mount tail light stopped working. After using a meter and a tow plug tester I am not getting signal back to the 7 pin trailer plugin point when the brakes are applied. Signal does work if I press on the Redarc button for manual control. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I hate to take everything back part, but it may get to that.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Gary
Sponsored

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Looks like you have a bad connection to the high mount brake light connector that was installed as part of the brake controller kit.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Contact Lumen they have a guy who knows that system in and out. Dealer installed mine and I had it back to them 4 times before they found two wires crossed ( to third brake light) They said instructions were incorrect or misleading. Let me know if you don’t get anywhere and I can dig up his number

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I installed mine a couple of months ago in anticipation of towing a car trailer. I did tow the trailer last week other than the braking initially being to agressive and locking up the trailer brakes which was corrected by turning down the adjuster it worked just fine.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
The connector you splice together at the center mounted taillight has a bad connection. You will need to pull it out and inspect it. You have to manually put that connection together and sometimes the little tiny wires are not seated correctly.

OP
OP

chicagoslick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Quality Engineer
Thanks everyone. I suspect the 3rd tail light / high mount tail light just as some of you have suggested, but wanted to be sure there was not something else I might be missing. When I have it fixed I will post back.

Thanks again,

Gary

OP
OP

chicagoslick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Quality Engineer
I found the problem. The white end cap that holds the wires in place did not engage / lock in place. Without that the wires can slide back out of position. I was not able to push this into position by hand. I used pliers to press against it. It will actually lock into position and be flat against the connector as show in picture.

Thanks,

Gary

1667243544959.png

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I found the problem. The white end cap that holds the wires in place did not engage / lock in place. Without that the wires can slide back out of position. I was not able to push this into position by hand. I used pliers to press against it. It will actually lock into position and be flat against the connector as show in picture.

Thanks,

Gary

1667243544959.png
I had to use pliers to snap that together also. The instructions are lacking with regard to this connection.
Sponsored