Rear Sliding Window Leak

svgrdr

First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
I love my 2021 Ranger, but I do have a small issue I'd like to share! I have the rear sliding window in mine, and love it. However when I am driving in heavy rain or going through the car wash, there is a small amount of water coming in from the driver side bottom corner, dripping onto the trim piece behind the rear seatback. The weather seal on the outside seems to be fine, no obvious gaps visible. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue on any 2019-21 Rangers out there. For now, I just stuffed a napkin in the small crevice right under the window to catch the water while I wait to hear back from my dealer.
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Mine was built in April, I haven't had any issues at all with it. I opened and closed it quite a lot up until August, and never had a drop come in. Hope they get it fixed fast! I imagine they will just get a new inside seal for it, or maybe the sliding window is warped?

H2Ocooled

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1967 SS Camaro
Occupation
Network Administrator
I have a 2019 Ranger and I had a water leaf around the rear slider and the rear cab seal, it was getting the carpet real wet. The dealer had to replace the whole window and then replace the seam seal on the cab and then fix paint. But it stopped the leak.
Sponsored