Rear fender rocker protection

Red68ragtop

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2016 Ford Edge 1968 Ford Mustang 2001 Jaguar XJR
My dealer says these stickers are from the factory to protect the front of the rear fender rocker panel. Any thoughts?

PXL_20201028_174927185.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Red68ragtop

Red68ragtop

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2016 Ford Edge 1968 Ford Mustang 2001 Jaguar XJR
Thanks for the confirmation. I've had the truck for two weeks and really like it. It's just disappointing that these stickers are already peeling up along the edges - looks cheap to me. Also are there any other areas with this protection from the factory I haven't noticed? Why in this spot?
I'm also wondering what my options will be if they start to look worse. He said they apply them while the paint is wet and not to remove them.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
Thanks for the confirmation. I've had the truck for two weeks and really like it. It's just disappointing that these stickers are already peeling up along the edges - looks cheap to me. Also are there any other areas with this protection from the factory I haven't noticed? Why in this spot?
I'm also wondering what my options will be if they start to look worse. He said they apply them while the paint is wet and not to remove them.
He’s probably wrong there.
I would ask them to be replaced under warranty if they are peeling.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
@Red68ragtop Well sir, the mans an idiot. They can be removed easily with a hair dyer, and your fingernail. Then a little Goo Gone to get the rest of the sticky stuff off. Ford knew they had a problem area there from debris being thrown up by the front tries, and put that sorry little bit of clear protection there to help. But, we all see it's not big enough to help much. You can stop by your local XPel shop, and have a bigger and better quality piece of protection put there, and in other areas. That's exactly what I'm going to do when/if my Ranger is ever built and delivered.

Also, but I'm not sure, a set of mud flaps (splash guards) on the front may help. I hope so, because I have a set waiting in the basement for installation on mine. :)

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
My dealer says these stickers are from the factory to protect the front of the rear fender rocker panel. Any thoughts?

PXL_20201028_174927185.jpg
They just replaced mine under warranty and mine looked like yours ,edges coming off dirt under the edges looked like paint was chipped.

Deleted member 1634

If any of you are interested in adding more protection, I'd recommend adding bedliner to the whole rocker panels, including the area in question in this thread, like I did this summer. I've had too many vehicles (all that I've kept long enough) that have rusted out starting at the rocker panels. One rock chip, then a long cold snowy winter, rinse and repeat, and it doesn't take long for it to get out of control.

I posted about it here: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/rocker-wrap-caution-picture-overload.8117/post-145662