Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 Oxford white Ranger. Will it be worth It to get paint protection film? It would be about 500 dollars for just the 24 inch hood and fenders or 1000 dollars for that plus the front bumper.
Sponsored

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 Oxford white Ranger. Will it be worth It to get paint protection film? It would be about 500 dollars for just the 24 inch hood and fenders or 1000 dollars for that plus the front bumper.
Is that the Ford offering? I didn't realize you could get it after purchase. Sounds pricey to me, but if installation is a bear, it might be worth it.

I've just started searching for DIY options.
eBay search "paint protection film" to see how much raw materials cost.

Looks like this has been discussed here before. I'm about to go read more...
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/diy-pre-cut-paint-protection-film-kits.11124/

OP
OP
Clank

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the Ford offering? I didn't realize you could get it after purchase. Sounds pricey to me, but if installation is a bear, it might be worth it.

I've just started searching for DIY options.
eBay search "paint protection film" to see how much raw materials cost.
No that would be for a professional applicator to do it.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Modern automotive paint is water based and VERY thin compared to the old lacquers or even early base coat/clear coat coatings. As a result it chips far easier than it used to and in no time you would be out there with some sort of touchup paint, be it Dr. Color Chip or paint pens filling in rock chips. For example in the first year of ownership and 7K miles driven mostly in and around town I found and repaired 5 rock chips along the hood. I looked into getting a protective clear wrap for it but elected to go with the AVS Aeroskin deflector instead due to cost. It only protects the hood, but in my case that seemed to be the area that needed it most.

Unless you want to be out there every couple of weeks inspecting and repairing rock chips, having a protective film or other rock guard installed is never a bad option. It really depends on if it's a quality product, and is worth the money you spent on it.
Sponsored