Rear belt monitor failed

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
On last Tuesday I get done tearing drivers side apart to run wires for a ham radio. About two days later I get a warning that the REAR belt monitor has failed, service required. Later that day, it went away, and so I proceeded to ignore the message.

Today it came back on and wouldn’t reset. I plugged in all the seatbelts in the truck, and the only one not working is the front passenger side. I fiddled with the connector, and the message went away and has not returned.

The code was B0052:13-8B, the fix was to recheck every wire I ran, and then once thoroughly frustrated, check the only seat I hadn’t messed with and reseat the loose connector.
Sponsored

D@ngerRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
**BUMP BUMP**

This appears to be one of the only posts about this specific issue. Although it can be caused by a few different things (like you mentioned, a badly seated connector). I thought that I would just add my experience to this as well.

I got inside of my truck today, and this message popped up. So of course, I start scouring the internet for "wtf causes this". Only thing that I could find was this post. So I start chasing down my connectors and in the process, I discover that one of my son's hot wheels has gotten jammed up against the seat track of the drivers seat, sandwiching the wire running to the monitor from the clip. It has caused a minute cut in the very small guage wire and was grounding out on the track. I moved the wire, made sure it wasn't touching any metal and will shortly be wrapping it with a little electrical tape or heat wrap.

As soon as I secured it, this error message went away. I hope this helps, check your electrical wires to the seat belt clips for anything that may have knicked the wires and caused something similar.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Wiring harnesses under my seats are not secured well. Just flopping around under there. Sure they need slack for movement, but the passenger harness pops out from under the front of the seat where a shoe heel might catch it.

D@ngerRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Wiring harnesses under my seats are not secured well. Just flopping around under there. Sure they need slack for movement, but the passenger harness pops out from under the front of the seat where a shoe heel might catch it.
That is one of my complaints about the harness underneath the front seats, they are secured with a plastic clip. It doesn't seem extremely flimsy, but I am sure after a good amount of time it will fail to keep the harness attached due to its location.
Sponsored