Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I decided on, and ordered, Fox 2 for the rears to start. I will do the fronts at a later date when funds allow. I will update with review once installed.
Smart choice to do the Fox 2.0 rears first. I did the same and the ride improvement was pretty significant. Doing the fronts did not make that much of a difference to me. I think you’ll be happy just doing the rears.
Sponsored

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Smart choice to do the Fox 2.0 rears first. I did the same and the ride improvement was pretty significant. Doing the fronts did not make that much of a difference to me. I think you’ll be happy just doing the rears.
Yea I did the rears first, great impression, then the fronts (5100's with stock spring) and didn't notice anything. I think 2.5's in the front will yield more of an impact. Especially with compression adjustors.

OP
OP
RangerTX

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Ok, I installed the FOX 2 rear shocks Saturday morning and have put about 250 miles on them since.

Install was super easy. I did not use a jack at all. I did not remove spare tire. Did not need breaker bar. Did I say it was super easy? The Fox's came with a strap holding them compressed. I kept that strap on when mounting. I still had to muscle them about an inch, but it was very doable. I then cut the strap and pulled it out.

I have 43k on my truck. The OEM shocks were still in decent shape. Like others have said, they were easier to compress by hand than the Fox's. But, they were not blown.

I can confirm all other reviews of these shocks. They, without a doubt, tamed the ride, removed the bounce, improved cornering (less role) and breaking (less dip). The truck felt more grounded and refined.

Given the price and ease of install, I think this upgrade is a tremendous value. I highly recommend it.

At some time in the future, I will do the fronts. I really like my trucks to be level. Maybe next year....

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Ok, I installed the FOX 2 rear shocks Saturday morning and have put about 250 miles on them since.

Install was super easy. I did not use a jack at all. I did not remove spare tire. Did not need breaker bar. Did I say it was super easy? The Fox's came with a strap holding them compressed. I kept that strap on when mounting. I still had to muscle them about an inch, but it was very doable. I then cut the strap and pulled it out.

I have 43k on my truck. The OEM shocks were still in decent shape. Like others have said, they were easier to compress by hand than the Fox's. But, they were not blown.

I can confirm all other reviews of these shocks. They, without a doubt, tamed the ride, removed the bounce, improved cornering (less role) and breaking (less dip). The truck felt more grounded and refined.

Given the price and ease of install, I think this upgrade is a tremendous value. I highly recommend it.

At some time in the future, I will do the fronts. I really like my trucks to be level. Maybe next year....
Where did you purchase the Fox2?
Brian

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
I have the Bilstein 6112/5160 kit and like it a lot. Straightforward setup that leveled my truck. The ride is good too.
Me too and I just did Icon springs. It's a whole different vehicle now. MUCH better!

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I second Stage3.

Also, don't believe their website with regard to the Foxes being backordered for 4-6 weeks. I ordered in the morning, expecting to wait a month or more for my shocks. I had an email with tracking numbers that evening.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
stage 3 for me too. got a good price.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Thank you looks like they go for about $1250 front and rear.
Trying to decide if I want to spend the money, not a fan of the rake and would also like to improve ride and handling.
Brian

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Thank you looks like they go for about $1250 front and rear.
Trying to decide if I want to spend the money, not a fan of the rake and would also like to improve ride and handling.
Brian
Im just guessing and cant speak for stage three but id bet they have labor day or end of summer etc. sale coming up. Maybe you could nudge them to have the parts you want be part of the sale.... They are R5G members and very friendly.

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
Just a heads up on the Foxes....
While terrific compared to the FX4's, I ended up trashing mine after I went to the Ford/ARB bumper & Warn winch. The Eibach springs they come with are 550lb springs. If you go with a winch/bumper, change out the springs.
Fwiw, my Bilstein 6112s have a 600lb spring. After the Icon leafs, I'm feeling like I want 650 or 700 lb. I feel like I have more body roll with the Icons. (Though the ride is better)
Sponsored

Reactions: EJH