Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Medical device manufacturing, Retired USMC
Hi Steve,

Jim , Tom Green (Transmission Electonics) and I worked quite closely to put together a Modular 5.4L engine shoving out over 600 hp coupled to a prototype E4OD transmission into the Ashley/Smith class 8 truck...wrenched by Danny Gonzalez. The install of this powertrain was fraught with gremlins but in the end was a real winning combo. This effort resulted in 47 changes in the E40D transmission prior to introduction to replace the venerable C6. Quite an example of how Ford Offroad Racing improved the Ford F Series. We went to Jack Roush about building the engine and he declined as he said it would be impossible to get any reliability out of the Modular engine. Oh yeah? Tell that to Jeff L. of Engine Enginieering...he spent many nights on the dyno and delivered a reliable 600 plus Hp motor, and Tom made his transmission work with that power and torque...way over production motor/trans combo. Your father-in-law was an integral part of this program to make it work in the race truck...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I was still on active duty when he was with the race team and could never time things to go help chase at any of the races. He took up to the race shop several times and got to meet Danny, Dan, Dave, and Dick the team owner. Always felt like I missed out on a great experience.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Took my Hot Pepper Red RTR from Los Angeles back home to the East Coast, up through upstate NY, and back west via Colorado. Here are some snow pictures.

fjRc9Oh.jpg

NrbfR3x.jpg

OjpBwjA.jpg

u5lEfYU.jpg

d3JmQQ4.jpg

X5uaj90.jpg

jVh7Pfl.jpg

Cute dog! Like the Rangerā€™s graphics.:like:

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Yeah, I think I read somewhere that you guys, or at least Calumet and Keweenaw County, are almost 140" short of what you had this time last winter. Weird weird winter so far for sure.
The paper has us at 50" which is about 100" behind normal for this time. :crying:

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger XLT/ā€˜03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
The paper has us at 50" which is about 100" behind normal for this time. :crying:
Talked with my Grandparents in Hancock and they said the same obviously and that it hasnā€™t even been cold yet!! 1 night in the teens is all they can remember?!?

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Talked with my Grandparents in Hancock and they said the same obviously and that it hasnā€™t even been cold yet!! 1 night in the teens is all they can remember?!?
We had a cool snap and good snow in November. Made us think we'd have a nice snowy winter! Recently for lows, we have got down to near 5 temps. Good news is NOAA says we'll get snow and normal temps. This photo was taken years ago in the Porkies.
Porkies BC ski bridge dec 09.jpg

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
January 21, 2021 (NWS)

1611242138541.png

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
I've had many opportunities to drive my '20 Ranger in the snow so far this winter around the Nelson, BC area. I use it in the winter as a home base for ski touring (actually splitboarding) and it will be used in the summer for mountain biking. I've had the chance to drive it in anything like the picture below with 1-2" of snow, right up to an unplowed road with almost 30" of snow. I can attest that these things are AWESOME in the snow. I did have a '12 Tundra before I bought this truck and in 4wd the ranger just feels so much more competent. I run 31" Goodyear Duratrac tires and they are ideal for everything except iced over roads. I also just got it back from a shop yesterday and have some major upgrades done, will be posting those when I have time to get out and take photos ;)

4874B62C-2C14-4D0C-BC46-5A54810A9646.jpeg
Sponsored