First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Well let's see if I can get through tis winter with the Hankook tires at least. I only have 7100 miles on the tires. But yes if they are bad on snow then they will get replaced.
I have 9000 on mine and would really like to get a couple of years out of them.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Well let's see if I can get through tis winter with the Hankook tires at least. I only have 7100 miles on the tires. But yes if they are bad on snow then they will get replaced.
Of course. I drove one winter on the 'kooks and they're horrible. Replaced mine at 13k just in time for winter that hasn't come yet

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I have 9000 on mine and would really like to get a couple of years out of them.
If the Hankook tires are bad in the snow, then I will replace them no matter how many miles on them. I live in the country and even the state highways do not get plowed very well.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
If the Hankook tires are bad in the snow, then I will replace them no matter how many miles on them. I live in the country and even the state highways do not get plowed very well.
and MODOT is short staffed and already saying getting the roads plowed will be tough....

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
not sure where you are in Mo, but Plaza Tire sells Nokian tired. Their RotiivaAT tires are supposed to be really good in the snow

Reactions: Doc

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
At dust last night and today's forecast below that. Snow tires are for whimps who don't know how to drive in snow! (I'm kidding, we've been using snows since we move to the lake effect zone 30+ years ago.)
P1020849.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 08-07-47 7-Day Forecast 47 13N 88 61W.png

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
At dust last night and today's forecast below that. Snow tires are for whimps who don't know how to drive in snow! (I'm kidding, we've been using snows since we move to the lake effect zone 30+ years ago.)
P1020849.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 08-07-47 7-Day Forecast 47 13N 88 61W.png
I learned to drive in lake ontario Lake effect in a rear wheel drive extended cap f-150 with a full size bed.

snow tires are for wimps. but sometimes are required. currently in NH, snow mostly doesn't stick around long. at least on the highway. if you are in an area where zero for a month is normal, or you get near daily snow that isn't removed as fast as it falls then yes snow tires are a must.

if you get a storm of 3-4 inches and 6 hours later most roads are cleared then snow tires really aren't necessary.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I'm not saying everyone needs snow tires. Our city/country plow system rocks and they really got it down well. Schools are rarly closed due to snow fall but just because a plow goes by, doesn't mean you can see pavement and snow is gone. We drive on snow for months at a time, weather its plowed or not. The idea of snow tires is you have more traction will operating on that minimal depth of ice/snow/hardpack that stays on the road.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
not sure where you are in Mo, but Plaza Tire sells Nokian tired. Their RotiivaAT tires are supposed to be really good in the snow

I live in the middle of nowhere. There is a Place Tire in Mexico, Mo which is about 20 minutes away. That is where I bought the Falken Wildpeak's for my Jeep Cherokee. I was highly impressed with the Wildpeak's and how they handle everything from monsoon rains to 1/2" of ice and 12" of snow.

The small town I live in leaves their plows 1-2 inches above the street surface because they are afraid of messing them up. But that sure doesn't help getting around any. And MODOT always concentrated on I 70 and US 54 before they start on Highway 19 or any of the country roads.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I live in the middle of nowhere. There is a Place Tire in Mexico, Mo which is about 20 minutes away. That is where I bought the Falken Wildpeak's for my Jeep Cherokee. I was highly impressed with the Wildpeak's and how they handle everything from monsoon rains to 1/2" of ice and 12" of snow.

The small town I live in leaves their plows 1-2 inches above the street surface because they are afraid of messing them up. But that sure doesn't help getting around any. And MODOT always concentrated on I 70 and US 54 before they start on Highway 19 or any of the country roads.
I'm on dirt roads in Missouri and the stock XLT Sport tires were fine for me last year. I left it in 4wd all the time and loaded up the bed with logs. It didn't miss a beat.

View attachment 112058 View attachment 112059

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Schools are rarly closed due to snow fall
Seems like schools close around here because they cut bussing back to save money an kids up to 2 miles away from school have to walk or get a rid. The school my grandkids go to is one of the largest area wise in the state an is made up of small country towns an farmland. The wind blowing across those open fields covers the roads back up from being plowed in a lot of places. Snow roads for them is a real problem. Those roads have the least traffic so they get plowed last after major arteries.

I always said "put plows on the school busses an problem solved."

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
@MountainGoat sometimes a road that has NOT been plowed is a lot better than one that has been plowed but a layer of snow was left. The City of Wellsville always leave the blades at least an inch above the road surface. This causes the snow that is left to be slick and turn into ice sheets.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I always said "put plows on the school busses an problem solved."
Here in the Denver metro area they get the main roads, but rarely get the neighborhoods unless it's the rare super heavy storm.

I've said the same thing about our milktrucks. Extra revenue stream!
Sponsored