F150 vs Ranger Width

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
On a recent road trip I pulled up behind this vehicle hauler as I pulled off the interstate for fuel. I couldn't help notice the F150 stacked above the Ranger on the hauler. This arrangement provides a really unique way to really see how much wider the F150 is....

I love how easy to drive/park the Ranger is compared to the F150. It just fits better in so many places.
Thanks for sharing this.
I have a 2019 ranger and my wife has a 2017 f150. She hardly drives so I drive both and they are so different. For trips we take the f150 and the turning radius sucks. I have fiberglass that makes the ranger 9 inches wider so they are about the same width, but even with my long travel arms up front I can turn so much easier. If I drive one for a few days I get adjusted but the interior is so much bigger in the f150. To me they're 2 different trucks for different applications. Now that coyote, phew that's fun to hear when I need to step on it. But if I drive the f150 in the same sporty manner I drive the ranger I waste fuel way faster, the V8 will guzzle it if I don't take it easy. Parking is always easy in the ranger because of the turning radius, although I have a wider track width than a stock ranger, it's still so much easier and I don't have to go back and forth to turn around in most applications.
Sponsored

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
i had a 2020 titan pro4x before i got my ranger and that thing is alot like the f150 i think. driving that was a challenge due to the width. my ranger is alot like my patriot i had in terms of how it fits on the road. looking at the width specs, the ranger is 73" wide, the titan was 81" wide and the patriot was 69" wide. 8" difference, 4" on each side doesn't seem to sound like a lot, but in this case it really mattered. driving the ranger is way more like driving that patriot than the titan and i like that.