Ranger Suspension, Lift Kits, Leveling Kits

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Thank you. I'll take a look tomorrow to see if I can remove them, would prefer if they were also able to be reinstalled down the road, like to put it back to factory. But if not, oh well. Haha
Sponsored

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Anyone with the 3” ready lift have any issues with stock control arms?
I’m a bit worried with going with 3” for the extra angles. Is the ranger good to go with a 3”? Or should I just got with the rough country 2.5” and .5” block rear?

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I’m a bit worried with going with 3” for the extra angles. Is the ranger good to go with a 3”? Or should I just got with the rough country 2.5” and .5” block rear?
I don't have that brand of lift, but just had my install done with my Icon Stage 1 (so stock control arms) and the angles look fine to me and the lift added 3" to the previous ground to fender measurement before/after.

I'd say go with it, once the ball joint goes out down the road then replace with aftermarket. Thats what I'm going to do.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I don't have that brand of lift, but just had my install done with my Icon Stage 1 (so stock control arms) and the angles look fine to me and the lift added 3" to the previous ground to fender measurement before/after.

I'd say go with it, once the ball joint goes out down the road then replace with aftermarket. Thats what I'm going to do.
you know what that’s the exact way I usually think, looks like I’m going 3” ready lift.
Thanks for the quick reply

Kickin45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
Wanting to put a lift on my 2020.
Question? Does a lift kit that comes with new shocks get rid of the massive body roll that these trucks are infamous for?
Thanks

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the RC 2.5 inch level kit and it actually raised the front end 3", It was sitting at 35.5" from ground to bottom lip of fender and now it sits at 38.5". The rear measures 38". From the side and to the eye it looks dead even.
(Front)
Front Fender.JPG

(Side)
RC 2.5 level.JPG

(Rear)
Rear Fender.JPG

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the RC 2.5 inch level kit and it actually raised the front end 3", It was sitting at 35.5" from ground to bottom lip of fender and now it sits at 38.5". The rear measures 38". From the side and to the eye it looks dead even.
(Front)
Front Fender.JPG

(Side)
RC 2.5 level.JPG

(Rear)
Rear Fender.JPG
That's why I added the 1" lift block in the rear! My measurements were fairly close to yours also.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Question? Does a lift kit that comes with new shocks get rid of the massive body roll that these trucks are infamous for?
Thanks
The Ford Performance leveling lift kit definitely cured my Ranger's "massive body roll." I can't speak for any of the other kits out there....

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford Performance leveling lift kit definitely cured my Ranger's "massive body roll." I can't speak for any of the other kits out there....
Just from my observations the 2.5" Rough Country leveling kit made the front end a bit stiffer, which is a good thing IMO for these trucks.

Raul R.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Ford Performance leveling kit installed several months back and now I have the old FX4 shocks sitting in my garage. Any ideas on what to do with the old shocks? They only have about 400 miles on them.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had the Ford Performance leveling kit installed several months back and now I have the old FX4 shocks sitting in my garage. Any ideas on what to do with the old shocks? They only have about 400 miles on them.

You could list them for sale here in the members section.

Last edited:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Wall art. :like:

MVIMG_20200526_134730.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I just had my local dealer install the Fox 2.0 leveling kit. It has done exactly what I wanted in both leveling and stiffening the overall ride. I'm already in love with it and have only just driven it home from the shop!

What a huge difference!

IMG_20200611_163051620_HDR.jpg

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks
I just finished putting the FORD/FOX kit on my 19 FX4, and it did help a lot with that. I only wanted to be able to fit a little bit bigger tire on it. I don't care about show, we actually go off road when we climb 14ers here in Colorado. the install was easy and took less then 2 hours, with my son's help. You must get the front end aligned as the extra lift toes it in quite a bit. It also helped with the rear not feeling like the rear tires were under inflated. so all said and done I am glad I did it even though I was originally not planning on it
Sponsored