Ranger Rear Ended :(

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCrew Ranger XLT, FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow PKG, Chrome Appearance PKG, Technology PKG
Occupation
Cyber Junk
I know Ive posted about this in another thread but... I dropped my truck off this morning at the collision center for repairs. I am not a fan of this Nissan Sentra rental car theyve got me driving. The other guy in the Charger RT bounced off like a tennis ball on the garage door and ripped the back end off. Ive gotta say that the 5G held its ground nicely.

unnamed.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stic-o

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I know Ive posted about this in another thread but... I dropped my truck off this morning at the collision center for repairs. I am not a fan of this Nissan Sentra rental car theyve got me driving. The other guy in the Charger RT bounced off like a tennis ball on the garage door and ripped the back end off. Ive gotta say that the 5G held its ground nicely.

unnamed.jpg

They gave me a Sentra too, it's a SR, and has Android Auto so it's not too bad....except for the dam CV transmission.....I hate these dam things. Your just screaming at it . "Down Shift, Down Shift!" and then you hear a scottish voice in your head " I'm giving her all she's got captain!"

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCrew Ranger XLT, FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow PKG, Chrome Appearance PKG, Technology PKG
Occupation
Cyber Junk
They gave me a Sentra too, it's a SR, and has Android Auto so it's not too bad....except for the dam CV transmission.....I hate these dam things. Your just screaming at it . "Down Shift, Down Shift!" and then you hear a scottish voice in your head " I'm giving her all she's got captain!"
I also have the SR, at the left knee are buttons for Sport On and Track Off, also try the over drive button on the gear shifter. Playing with those made driving this tiny rigid uncomfortable car a little more fun.

Formula Indy

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer. Hate to hear about these bumper bumps. When I had my truck in the body shop they said there was a big shortage of bumpers. Hopefully that is still not the case.

TdotReckless

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT - 2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Wow...that's bad news...sorry for your bad luck...don't if this'll help the next time but this is what I stuck on my hitch as soon as could to protect her butt...probably wouldn't have helped much since it looks like you got hit at an angle...
pBdd4tJ.jpg
was recently looking at getting this on my truck as well, was worried it may interfere with the sensors. Looks great, you still got it on your truck?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
was recently looking at getting this on my truck as well, was worried it may interfere with the sensors. Looks great, you still got it on your truck?
I do...if I'm not towing, this is always on...love it...zero interference with sensors...

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Wow...that's bad news...sorry for your bad luck...don't if this'll help the next time but this is what I stuck on my hitch as soon as could to protect her butt...probably wouldn't have helped much since it looks like you got hit at an angle...
pBdd4tJ.jpg
I need to get this. As a step and to ruin the radiator of someone txting and driving.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I need to get this. As a step and to ruin the radiator of someone txting and driving.
Great for parallel parking protection too...I watched some woman try to line up behind me and hit the bar...then failed and left...averted a bad bumper rash...

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you are feeling better (soreness).

I'd love to see the number of rear-end accidents on a chart from before and after smartphones were invented.
So I found this article/charts showing from 1975 to present. Not much difference in total deaths. So my guess if it wasn't a cell phone then stereos, alcohol, friends etc. So people are just people in that behind the wheel some just don't seem to take that moment too serious.
https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/yearly-snapshot#yearly-snapshot

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4