First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger & 2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Last update-

Got the truck back. Good as new. Replaced the frame on the truck as well as all the other pieces. Got a used/good bed everything else was new Ford parts.

Rusty
Sponsored

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Just went through this with my 2016 F-150. Hard to believe from the pics that the truck was totaled. Needed complete new frame. Insurance paid me $32K for the truck that I bought new for $35K. Paid for most of the '23 Ranger that I have on order. Glad your wife and daughter are ok....that's the ONLY THING that matters!

IMG_1293.jpeg

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Last update-

Got the truck back. Good as new. Replaced the frame on the truck as well as all the other pieces. Got a used/good bed everything else was new Ford parts.

Rusty
Replaced the entire frame? What was the total cost of the repairs if you don't mind sharing?

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Glad that you are happy with the work. Now go for a ride and enjoy ?

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
I had someone (in a minivan) rearend my F250 superduty. I had a tow ball in the receiver hitch at the time (so the minivan was impaled on that...it was *dead* after that...dragged it about 100' in order to get it off the tow ball). Body shop said that having the tow ball installed is what saved me from having more damange (basically needed a new bumper and receiver hitch).
Same happened to me.

Azhang253

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
Last update-

Rusty
Glad everyone is OK and you got your truck back!

Reactions: Doc

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
"Super Bumper" probably wouldn't prevent that though hopefully reduce risk of injury?

Although the all rubber "Hitch Hammer" sounds fun ?

HitchHammer XL - Rear Hitch Mounted Bumper Guard. Flexible Rubber - Tougher Than Steel! https://a.co/d/bvj4t4K

I've seen other receiver hitch bumper guards that look like any off center impact might twist things under the back end and while the idea of punishing tailgaters and inattentive drivers is fun I think some might cause more damage than benefit.

This stepper has a center brake light and looks like it would slice through a grill ?
Rear 2’’ Receiver Trailer Tow Hitch Step Bar Bumper Guard W/Led Brake Light For Truck Suv Van https://a.co/d/9lVKf5h

(I bought a Super Bumper BTW)
Sponsored