Ranger 5G Posts Make Google News Feed Twice In One Day

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
My Google News loves Ranger 5G and I feel so 'connected' now!

Screenshot_20200614-210019_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20200614-205454_Google.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That's because Google tracks and stores your browsing habits and preferences. Then they use it to build a profile based on that to offer relevant information and also sell that data based on the profile they have compiled. Data collection, profile building, and selling data is what made Google as huge as they are. There is a saying that especially applies to Internet services like Google (including Gmail) Facebook etc, "If you are not paying for it, you are the product."

Hell even these days when you still pay, you are often still a product and your info is being sold left and right to anyone that will pay for it. Just read the privacy policies of any online retailer, your bank, credit cards etc. They often have clauses that state they can share (which really means sell) your info with 3rd parties unless you take steps to opt out.

Last edited:

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Many ads are geared towards what I've searched, Weathertech, Autozone and the like. I do get some ads I can't figure out how they are connected to me. So, I just clicked on the X on top right, and this explanation appeared...

Ad personalization is turned off for this account or content, so this ad is not customized based on your data. This ad is based on other factors (for example, the time of day or your general location). The ad was for women's sandals by the way...

I know nothing is free, so that makes us the product. I'd consider paying to be ad free if it was at least an option. Too much money selling our info I guess.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
does anyone remember the member on here who questioned the page advertising he was seeing? if i recall it was a pretty bazaar ad item (like a personal health device), and then he was politely told, the ads are geared to what he/she browses....i am pretty sure all we hear was crickets from the OP after that.
Yeah, I know my browsing history and I still get wacky things showing up. I'm the only one that uses my computer and yet I get ads for women's products. Sometimes their databases fail, they assume that if you have product x, and product y, than you must want product z.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Dang! And I thought it was because Ranger 5G was the world's 'go to' forum for all things for all people. Now I'm shattered. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm not even going to comment what's on my browsing history. :lipssealed::surprised:
Sponsored